Raspberry Pi

#ashvarybabul you could use google cached copy

They are black too protesting SOPA...
<

http://www.googleguide.com/cached_pages.html

What are the implications of these? Can they be used in schools etc?

I would like to have one to gift it to my brother who is doing his CSE? (It'll help him right?
<
)

Going through the pages, it seems the GO isn't happening, but a guide to how to go about it can be put up instead, in the first post, in case individual purchases are being encouraged.

this is a stellar product. and what makes it better is the killer pricing. armed with a hdmi on board, this could give a lot of htpc setups a run for their money. inspiring really !

any i dead when will the start selling the product? my bor wll be coming in the end of feb

will be asking to pick this up

for 25$ this is a sweet deal

so any idea?

The first product will be an EOMA-68 CPU card, using the 1.5ghz Allwinner A10 ARM Cortex A8. Thanks to the low cost of the Allwinner Cortex A8, mass-volume pricing (just for the CPU card, and therefore excluding tax, shipping, profit, a case and a power supply) looks to be on target for around $15: 40% lower than the raspberrypi which is only a 700mhz ARM11 and is therefore at least three times slower in processor speed than the Allwinner A10. The prototype schematics are presently being developed. Allwinner very graciously agreed to provide RH Technology with advance access to the GPL Source Code, which will be placed into the Rhombus git repository shortly: in the meantime please see the kernel compile and u-boot page - discussion is taking place on arm-netbook

15 USD ARM Cortex A8 Linux Computer by Rhombus Tech

http://rhombus-tech.net/

Oh that would be a sweet deal if they are able to complete the project in time and deliver in target cost even with + $ 10 !
<

Don't you think they are very ambitious with specs given the target sale price ?

Specs stated on the provided link:

Here are the (expected) specifications of this board:

+ Approximately Credit-card size format (56mm x 90mm)

+ An Allwinner A10, 1.5ghz ARM Cortex A8

+ 1GB of RAM

+ At least 1gb of NAND Flash (possibly up to 16gb)

+ Operation as a stand-alone computer (USB-OTG powered)

+ 2160p (double 1080p) Video playback

+ MALI 400MP 3D Graphics, OpenGL ES 2.0 compliant.

+ HDMI, Micro-SD, Headphones Socket, EOMA-PCMCIA-compliant interfaces (RGB/TTL, I2C, USB2, SATA-II, 10/100 Eth)

+ Expansion Header (similar to Beagleboard, IMX53QSB, Origen etc.)

http://cgi.ebay.in/w...B:pPOPN:IN:1123

well, just bought this over ebay.in. it has the same processor. He shipped it today. so.... let the madness begin.
<

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif] Pricing[/font]
[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Regarding pricing: the hardware NREs from the factory are $USD 2,000. Therefore, based on the number of committments so far (23 as of 2011Dec12), pricing looks set to be around $100. By the time the number of preorders reaches 30, that will be around $75 (30 reached as of 2011Dec17).[/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]The mass-volume (100k units) price will be somewhere around $15: the more committments received, the closer the price will get to that. One expression of interest has been received for 1,000 (stable) units: a pricing evaluation request is outstanding with the factory and will be reported as soon as it is received.[/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Please note: this price excludes a case, power supply, packaging, shipping, tax, customs and import duty.[/font]

http://cgi.ebay.in/w...B:pPOPN:IN:1123

well, just bought this over ebay.in. it has the same processor. He shipped it today. so.... let the madness begin.
<

Hey buddy do post some pics and a short review if possible after you get it.

I am a bit sceptical as it does not specify which 'Chipset' is it using ? Just the processor, GPU are stated.
<

From where did you quote the 'Pricing' para in your previous post ? Can't seem to find it on the ebay page.

Check this LINK, on the seller's own website he's retailing it for Rs. 6990.
<

the thing arrived today afternoon. had 2.3 android with shitty looking vee dee boot logo and a shittier looking logo on the device, I scratched the logo from the device using my thumb nail. while trying to connect to the office wifi, the thing crashed few times.

I got so pissed off that I went to the ployer's site and downloaded the 4.0.3 ics image and flashed it in.

btw, the link you were showing was not available on that fateful day when I decided to purchase it. and my piece came with a 16gb micro sd card with it. the box says Mobile Internet Device. thats all. nothing else.

okay, coming back to ICS. I was able to flash it in exactly 4 mins though it took over half an hour to download.
<

The ployer's image is very stable and fast too. I managed to install all sorts of softwares on it.
<

about the hardware; its AllWinner A10 and its performing as its supposed to be.

Step 1: install cifs manager

step 2: share your full hd download location from your home pc.

step 3: configure cifs manager to your download share folder. (I happen to own a belkin n300 router which helps in better throughput)

step 4. go to /mnt/cifs/movie folder and play the movie.

btw, the momo9 ics image came with this super hd player which is awesome.
<

I tried playing Real Steel full hd and Rango full hd movies. and they are playing like a charm.

here are some snaps. sorry for the bad quality.

Hey buddy do post some pics and a short review if possible after you get it.

I am a bit sceptical as it does not specify which 'Chipset' is it using ? Just the processor, GPU are stated.
<

From where did you quote the 'Pricing' para in your previous post ? Can't seem to find it on the ebay page.

Check this LINK, on the seller's own website he's retailing it for Rs. 6990.
<

The chipset is SOC (System on chip). In this case its AllWinner A10 (ARM Cortex A9 1-1.5Ghz with Mali 400GPU).

The Pricing para was from Rhombus tech site about their development board with AllWinner A10. the EOMA-68 CPU card. sorry for the confusion.

The item you are looking at doesnt come with 16gb mmc.

Attachments

• Photo0014.jpg
    Photo0014.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 175
  • Photo0015.jpg
    Photo0015.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 176
  • Photo0016.jpg
    Photo0016.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 174
  • Photo0017.jpg
    Photo0017.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 169
  • Photo0018.jpg
    Photo0018.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 163
  • Photo0019.jpg
    Photo0019.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 175
^The movies I was playing were x264 mkv in full hd. (hint. look at the screens for the file names)
<

^The movies I was playing were x264 mkv in full hd. (hint. look at the screens for the file names)

Dude thanks for the short review.
<

I just want to ask you a few questions buddy, I had be glad if you can answer those.

1. Could you please tell if you experience any lag in the OS operation because it has pretty low usable RAM I guess you have around 360MB free RAM which goes lower if you use widgets on the homescreen i. e. is there any lag while opening some apps /on the homescreen/ while navigating the app launcher ?

2. Do you feel this device is capable and comfortable for being used for editing some documents frequently ?

3. How's the screen quality as in does it have a low ppi display which causes images to look distorted and how's the touch sensitivity ?

Do reply whenever you are free !
<

Back