Ratan Tata Invests in Snapdeal, Owner mocks Flipkart’s Investment

The reason Flipkart needs more money than Snapdeal is that Snapdeal uses Bluedart and Delhivery while Flipkart is building its own logistics backbone. Which is what Amazon also does. Amazon is also rumoured to be starting the drone trial first in india :D
And that has got to be a good thing. Much easier for the customer to deal with one company than more. Amazon has already pioneered this path, much more control on their end from start to last mile. Win win for both.

Requires huge investments.

Probably the very reason they closing The Landmark stores across many cities lately; not profitable to do business offline selling toys, books, magazines in the era when ecom is catching up too quickly! Profit margins really does not exist, if it does too, its too meager to run those big stores and pay off staffing and other small things!

Ratan Tata is a smart man. If he is investing in somewhere, I expect it isn't because of present state of affairs, it is because of bright future. (Looking at you AMG ;)).

Even though it is a personal investment, perhaps Tata and Snapdeal will have a partnership sometime in future. Fingers crossed for healthy competition and price war.

I've always got Flipkart packages through flipkart only. Maybe the seller you used doesn't use flipkart delivery.

Mate I only buy from WSretail.

Open a thread asking this question...most people are getting deliveries byDelhivery and fedex.

I got my last order 2 days ago via ekart....5 before that via delhivery and fedex...

Earlier every order used to be delviered by Ekart...its recently since last 2-3 months they have switched to other couriers...

Lol. My Last three orders from Flipkart were delivered by Bluedart > eKart > Ecomexpress. Who Said they always use Ekart?
Flipkart wastes money that's what Snapdeal wants to say and fully i agree.

http://articles.economictimes.india...-fashion-and-electronics-online-retail-market

Exactly and their flipkart first system is a waste for me..

I stay in mumbai and dont have same day/1 day delivery available on 75% products...have it on books and some other shit...

Mate I only buy from WSretail.

Open a thread asking this question...most people are getting deliveries byDelhivery and fedex.

I got my last order 2 days ago via ekart....5 before that via delhivery and fedex...

Earlier every order used to be delviered by Ekart...its recently since last 2-3 months they have switched to other couriers...
Which city? Maybe it depends on location or something. Im from Nagpur.

Snapdeal had some very rude delhivery guys come in last time who wanted my Driving License number as proof. Didnt have time to argue so went ahead and let him, but the mofo said if i dont want to show it to him i can come collect it from the other end of the town. Just didnt have time for his shenanigans else would have taken Snapdeal + Delhivery up for a very painful day.

Last edited:
Doesn't matter. Snapdeal is going down the drain day by day. It has become a place for fraud sellers to scam innocent people - another like shopclues and Tradus. Thankfully, tradus has stopped selling most products. I hope that Snapdeal and shopclues too shut down soon.

About Filpkart, they did use to send products via Ekart earlier but its now Delhivery even for COD products.

Unfortunately the business strategy of Amazon is pretty bad. They seem to have lost the e-commerce battle already.

Snapdeal had some very rude delhivery guys come in last time who wanted my Driving License number as proof. Didnt have time to argue so went ahead and let him, but the mofo said if i dont want to show it to him i can come collect it from the other end of the town.

Delhivery is another Courier company like Bluedart. Its not related to Snapdeal. Flipkart Ekart is asking for proof the last time they showed up, What should i say now?

Snapdeal had some very rude delhivery guys come in last time who wanted my Driving License number as proof. Didnt have time to argue so went ahead and let him, but the mofo said if i dont want to show it to him i can come collect it from the other end of the town. Just didnt have time for his shenanigans else would have taken Snapdeal + Delhivery up for a very painful day.

Mumbai.

Ekart does deliver packages once in a while...but seems mostly all around india...its Delhivery now...

Last edited:
Delhivery is another Courier company like Bluedart. Its not related to Snapdeal. Flipkart Ekart is asking for proof the last time they showed up, What should i say now?
I know, but I'm not Delhivery's customer. If they chose a service that invades my privacy, they can f off. The dude was talking to me till the time i got out of the house. Phone number should be enough.

^ Got such experience with Aramex. Directly complained to the seller & aramex, Next time he speaks politely with utmost respect for a delivery from the same site. Things work in India this way.

And that has got to be a good thing. Much easier for the customer to deal with one company than more. Amazon has already pioneered this path, much more control on their end from start to last mile. Win win for both.

Requires huge investments.
In my city, I have seen that Amazon has started using their own delivery service.
Good thing is that they are sending to remote places in my City as well, where Flipkart doesn't deliver.

Of all the websites that I have used in the last 4 years.

Snapdeal is the worst. I just cant stand it for more than 5 minutes.

Anyways, Looking good for consumers.

Back