Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

^^

I did not laugh even once. Just forced comedy. Everyone is over-acting. Probably the script was written as the shooting happened.

Magnolia (1999) - 7.2/10

Inter-connected sub-plots, introspection of life, guilt, anger, lot of father-child issues - all woven together in a 3 hour long film. At places, I simply loved the movie, but then at other places, I felt Paul Thomas Anderson was simply working the audience. Let's say, just like James Cameron was coaxing viewers with "See! You are supposed to marvel at these lighting footsteps - height of CGI, baby!", I felt at places PTA was saying "So, I am going to force this dialogue/scene on you. Let's see if you emote the way I want" - Just IMO. Some good performances too - be it Jason Robards or understated PS Hoffman. It's a good movie, no doubt, but not something I rate too highly. Aside, I later read about lots of references to Exodus 8:2 - I want to see it again just to see how many I can catch.

In Bruges (2008) - 7.4/10

Funny exchanges between Colin Farrell and Brendon Gleeson made an enjoyable first half. I never thought Colin Farrell and comedy would mix in any proportion. Rare to see a film that has political incorrectness as much as this one - making fun of Americans, fatties, midgets, blacks and what not! A really good dark comedy. The ending was not really up-to the mark though!

dragonball said:
^ How do you give 7.2 man? Why is it not 7.3?

Based on - How much I'd like a movie above the "good" level of 7 - 20%? 30%? 40%? Or say, how less I like it below the 'excellent' level of 8.0... Just a subjective personal number. I rated both of them at 7/10 on IMDB though!

Question to the peeps who have or are planning to watch 'Ready'; Are you guys going out of your own free will to watch it OR are being dragged into it by someone?

Back