Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

Gannu

Unbanned
ex-Mod
Life of Pi - 9/10

Easily one of the contenders for the VFX Oscar for this year alongside The Hobbit I and Cloud Atlas. The first 40 mins. or so is a bit slow but picks up pace eventually. There's some religion based drama and dialogues so may not suit everyone's taste.

This sequence sent the whole theater crowd into excitement and laughter! :lol:

Pi (staring at the hyena): Come on, come on, COME ON! :mad:

Richard Parker (leaps towards the hyena): Rrrraaaawwwwrrrrrr!

devesh38

Adept
Sep 11, 2008
Mumbai
Life of Pi - 9.5/10... Awesome.Awesome.Awesome.Awesome.Awesome.
One of the best movies this year. Just loved it. There are so many awesome sequences. There were claps from audience in my theatre. Plus the philosophy told in the movie, i am still thinking about it. Cant get my mind of the movie at all. Must Watch.

sunny27

Stig's Indian Cousin!!!
Skilled
Oct 7, 2009
Top Gear Test Track
^^^the mindless intentional stammering from this cretinous lout has brought about the ruination of a large section of our society - let's cull him!

This is the best adaptation of shahrukh's style of speaking

Spacescreamer

ex-Mod
Jan 23, 2006
My friend watched Jab Tak Hai Jaan, and had to take med for head ache after it..
Not kidding. 2 friends said the same thing on the same day!

Well that means after all these years, SRK is finally being consistent and in line with his real talent.
Ra.one and then JTHJ.. both doing good business for the pill makers. Maybe he ll show up endorsing the pharmaceuticals, something we will readily n naturally accept.

English Vinglish - 7.9/10
Well done. More such movies, and with experience.. we can have our phillum industry churning out masterpieces to match the Crème de la Crème.

Paranorman - 6.8/10
Had a feeling this ll go down the drain, and yes it did.

avi

Skilled
Nov 23, 2010
Does anyone tell when Life Of Pi will be released in IMAX 3D ? Specially in Prasads ? I am not able to resist at all, waiting for movie to be released in IMAX :-/

kippu

Skilled
Dec 28, 2006
avi dont think they might release imax version here , and if you are coming for movie , kindly collect the stuff also please :D

avi

Skilled
Nov 23, 2010
Any idea why ?? Damn I so wanted to see it in IMAX 3D... Now which is a better multiplex / theatre in Hyd where I can have great experience ? and YGPM !

sunny27

Stig's Indian Cousin!!!
Skilled
Oct 7, 2009
Top Gear Test Track
No I wanted to mention the elation I feel 30 minutes into the flight each time I take off from Ahmedabad and fly to Mumbai/Delhi/Bangalore - the sense of being legally allowed to drink is an overpowering emotion. This freedom was something I took for granted in my 23 years in Mumbai and I sorely miss it in my 3 yrs of being in Ahmedabad. I thought i would rather bottle up my emotions lest the internet troll police find my statements offensive.

there was an article in the times of india ahmedabad edition on the prices of booze spiraling out of control due to lack of supply thanks to the elections. the rates quoted in the article would've have probably shocked anyone. @Gannu - you must've read it in last week's tuesday/wednesday edition.

looking forward to freedom next week in BLR.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ethan_Hunt

Secret Agent Man
Skilled
May 12, 2005
Bombay
English Vinglish - F*ckin' A! What an absolutely amazing movie. Simple concept with superb performances. I'd be damned if Sridevi doesn't get an award for the best actress this year. We need more light hearted movies like these. :)