Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

^ Surprisingly good trailer!
Take out Samuel L Jackson and i think it was very good :p

Btw, this showed up too..

Jr still looks like a horrible choice.
Samuel Jackson is now like the Jeremy Renner of Superhero movies.
Dhoom 3 looks like a rehash of 2 (which in parts was a rehash of 1). The helicopter sequence looks the rehash museum robbery chase in D2.

Not sure, but I am not too happy about these re-do's. They should not touch classics. Total Recall redux was like this too. And with a multitude of RoboCops in the scenes it looks quite off. Murphy was Murphy.

I, for one, loved the new Total Recall. In fact, it was one of the better remakes. The original Total Recall was a complete cheese-fest. This one was more grounded and had spectacular action sequences, combined with slick visuals.

As for remakes, re-creating a movie from the 70's and 80's is a bit complicated. There are some movies which really require the 80's campy look and feel to it, case in point, Evil Dead & Friday the 13th. This is not easy to re-create. I would have been happy if they would leave these franchises alone and just focus on something fresh. While the remakes from 70's like The Hills Have Eyes and I Spit on You Grave were done really well. Their original ones didn't have the sheer intensity that the remakes didn't; both were equally sadistic.

Coming back to RoboCop, I just found out that it's going to be PG-13, while Verhoeven's original was R-rated. Wonder what they plan to tone down.

Coming back to RoboCop, I just found out that it's going to be PG-13, while Verhoeven's original was R-rated. Wonder what they plan to tone down.
Verhoeven's version was actually first X rated for graphic violence (first movie to do so for no sexual content), after 11 cuts it was toned down to R. So I guess they will tone down on the violence to get it to PG13

Verhoeven's version was actually first X rated for graphic violence (first movie to do so for no sexual content), after 11 cuts it was toned down to R. So I guess they will tone down on the violence to get it to PG13
tumblr_lrr57z0wHr1qg39ewo1_500-1.gif

Madras Cafe - 8/10

Good movie. Excellent screenplay. The Sri Lankan civil war has been so nicely portrayed with all the violence and LTTE (LTF in the movie), Sri Lankan army, Indian govt's interventions, politics behind the scenes etc. What shocked me was Siddhartha Basu as one of the primary cast in the movie! I was like WTH is the producer of KBC doing in the movie?! But he portrayed his role quite well. John Abraham's acting was decent as well. Nargis Fakhri never spoke a word in Hindi - that's alright considering she is a journo from the UK. But she was perhaps the worst actor in the movie - well deserving for a Golden Kela award for this year!

AASHIQUI 2 posters. Using wireless phones and LCDs in the 80s.

It was the Aashiqui poster Aman, the first movie not the second if you were referring to that huge poster stuck outside the movie theater. This one:

Aashiqui-poster.jpg

Those were the cordless phones which were pretty popular in the early '90s. Yeah I spotted the LCD in the RAW HQ. That was an error but considering the rest of the displays used were CRTs, I think this could be forgiven. :p

@Gannu for some weird reason I thought that might have been an A1 poster but you may be right :dunce:

What about sri lankans and the chinese knowing perfect hindi? I have some sri lankan friends (both sinhalese and tamil) who don't even know one word of hindi. xD John Abraham leaving his wife alone at home after he surely knows that she may very well be in danger?

Another part of the movie i didn't like were the translated parts were in Hindi - and they were there VERY BRIEFLY. Being a sikh, my hindi is really rusty and i can't read hindi very quickly :/ Those subtitles should have been there in English as well.

[sp]And let's be honest. Since about 20-25 minutes into the movie - it was very obvious who was defecting their nation (to me anyways).[/sp]

Last edited by a moderator:
Back