Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

Finally watched Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug. 8/10
A lot better pacing than the first movie. Some action set pieces were spectacular.
Specially the dwarwes-in-barrels going downstream with orcs and elves after them.
. And Smaug.. boy..was that dragon amazing or what!!

Had nothing to watch, so was watching Don 2 yesterday, which was lying in my disk for 3 years I guess.
What a circus, the script is funny, goofed in so many occasions, the thing is SRK was not the most annoying part, but others like PC were. How hard is it to do things a little more professionally? Really disgusting movie.
2/10

American Hustle -

I really don't understand why so many people hate this movie? May be they hate it because hating this and liking The Wolf Of Wallstreet is cool.
Nonetheless haters will hate for a reason or none.

The movie in a funny way has Batman (married to Mystique) who has turned into Catman controlled by a guy who had 3 hangovers, targets Hawkeye alongwith Superman's girlfriend/wife. Oh... The Taxi Driver also shows up.

Despite the negative reviews I can easily recommend this movie because I liked it and ofcourse the word 'like' itself is subjective. In my opinion the movie was not as dark as the Wolf of Wallstreet and unlike it does not glorify wrongdoing but you can watch the movie yourself and judge for yourself.

The movie at no point was monotonous and took time to flesh out the characters and also showed their shades and reactions to the different situations they are put in. A major complaint is that the build up was slow and the climax was quickly executed but I am of the opinion they took their time to place things in the right perspective and hinted at how the events would be executed and that is exactly what happened so a quick ending was better than the last 40 or so minutes of The Wolf of the Wallstreet which just wouldn't end.

Overall not a mind blowing movie but a good watch.

American Hustle -

I really don't understand why so many people hate this movie? May be they hate it because hating this and liking The Wolf Of Wallstreet is cool.
Nonetheless haters will hate for a reason or none.

The movie in a funny way has Batman (married to Mystique) who has turned into Catman controlled by a guy who had 3 hangovers, targets Hawkeye alongwith Superman's girlfriend/wife. Oh... The Taxi Driver also shows up.

Despite the negative reviews I can easily recommend this movie because I liked it and ofcourse the word 'like' itself is subjective. In my opinion the movie was not as dark as the Wolf of Wallstreet and unlike it does not glorify wrongdoing but you can watch the movie yourself and judge for yourself.

The movie at no point was monotonous and took time to flesh out the characters and also showed their shades and reactions to the different situations they are put in. A major complaint is that the build up was slow and the climax was quickly executed but I am of the opinion they took their time to place things in the right perspective and hinted at how the events would be executed and that is exactly what happened so a quick ending was better than the last 40 or so minutes of The Wolf of the Wallstreet which just wouldn't end.

Overall not a mind blowing movie but a good watch.

What I hated was that there was no hustle. If you name a movie The American Hustle, you better wow me with an elaborate plan (like Ocean's series). Yes the characters were fleshed out greatly and the performances were good too, but the plot was at best mediocre and predictable beyond belief.

amazing movie, 8/10 Mr. Nobody

Avi brah explain me what's the movie. Saw it, went bouncer ba![DOUBLEPOST=1390218530][/DOUBLEPOST]Watched:

Carrie - 2/10 - Pathetic Movie! 2/10

The hunter games - 5/10 - Seriously! WTF! Why hype it so much ba!!! It was sheeet. (One mark more for the climax)

R...Rajkumar - 6/10 - Well, it was tollybollywood movie. Watched a hindi movie after a long time. People who call batman and superman unreal shit - silent ho jaa warna yeh movie tujhe dikhake main violent ho jaunga. Dance is what u see this movie for.

Last edited:
R...Rajkumar - 6/10 - Well, it was tollybollywood movie. Watched a hindi movie after a long time. People who call batman and superman unreal shit - silent ho jaa warna yeh movie tujhe dikhake main violent ho jaunga. Dance is what u see this movie for.

That main song is so hilarious. LOL.

What I hated was that there was no hustle. If you name a movie The American Hustle, you better wow me with an elaborate plan (like Ocean's series). Yes the characters were fleshed out greatly and the performances were good too, but the plot was at best mediocre and predictable beyond belief.

Okay let me get this straight. You hate this movie because they have the word Hustle in the title but don't show them pulling a stunt like the Oceans Series. I will come to Oceans series a bit later on.

If you saw the show The Real Hustle or even if you didn't Hustle simply means fraud. Considering these guys were frauds and that is what they were doing and the entire 'Abscam' operation was a huge scam I think the title is justified. One doesn't walk into a Cinema Hall expecting a movie like 'The Italian Job' or 'Oceans Eleven' just by looking at the title.

This is the thing that I liked about the movie they didn't waste time showing the small time hustles. They were con artists conning people and that was all that was to be known. The movie was about how the FBI used these Con artists to bait and catch the bigger fishes and that bit was done well. The movie of course isn't a religious retelling of what really happened considering they changed a few bits of the real story to make the movie less grim but they didn't go overboard to include an elaborate plan just to entice people.

Movies like Oceans Series, The Italian Job, Fast and Furious Series, Transporter Series etc., seem to have just one story to tell and one Job to pull and when you have to do that you need to make it big to woo everyone. Even then Oceans Twelve was bad and Thirteen was so-so. The same can be said about Transporter series. The Italian Job overall was okay and the less said the better it is for F&F series. In none of these movies do we see characters grow or the plot deviate from what it starts out to do.

American Hustle is loosely based on 'Abscam' and it's participants in which nothing spectacular like what you see in Oceans series happened. It was just a sting operation.

By the way @rdst_1 if you haven't seen 'Inside Man' don't see it expecting something like 'Infernal Affairs' or a biological movie just because the title suggests something like it. The movie 'Inside Man' is far from it and yes you might find it boring but it is one of the best movies if you can watch it in it's entirety.

Ender`s Game - 8.5
Gatsby - 9
Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs II - 8
Captain Phillips - 10 . I dont think anyone other than Tom hanks could have played that role.

Okay let me get this straight. You hate this movie because they have the word Hustle in the title but don't show them pulling a stunt like the Oceans Series. I will come to Oceans series a bit later on.

If you saw the show The Real Hustle or even if you didn't Hustle simply means fraud. Considering these guys were frauds and that is what they were doing and the entire 'Abscam' operation was a huge scam I think the title is justified. One doesn't walk into a Cinema Hall expecting a movie like 'The Italian Job' or 'Oceans Eleven' just by looking at the title.

This is the thing that I liked about the movie they didn't waste time showing the small time hustles. They were con artists conning people and that was all that was to be known. The movie was about how the FBI used these Con artists to bait and catch the bigger fishes and that bit was done well. The movie of course isn't a religious retelling of what really happened considering they changed a few bits of the real story to make the movie less grim but they didn't go overboard to include an elaborate plan just to entice people.

Movies like Oceans Series, The Italian Job, Fast and Furious Series, Transporter Series etc., seem to have just one story to tell and one Job to pull and when you have to do that you need to make it big to woo everyone. Even then Oceans Twelve was bad and Thirteen was so-so. The same can be said about Transporter series. The Italian Job overall was okay and the less said the better it is for F&F series. In none of these movies do we see characters grow or the plot deviate from what it starts out to do.

American Hustle is loosely based on 'Abscam' and it's participants in which nothing spectacular like what you see in Oceans series happened. It was just a sting operation.

By the way @rdst_1 if you haven't seen 'Inside Man' don't see it expecting something like 'Infernal Affairs' or a biological movie just because the title suggests something like it. The movie 'Inside Man' is far from it and yes you might find it boring but it is one of the best movies if you can watch it in it's entirety.

No I didn't hate the movie because of the word Hustle, but the whole title was 'The American Hustle'. I had really been waiting to watch this movie ever since I had seen it's trailer and I was one of the three people in the cinema hall watching the movie.
The thing is that, to me, the title 'The American Hustle' implied something huge, as in the baap of all hustles. I feel only such a big event can qualify to be called as 'The American Hustle'. You can say that this was closer to reality and how really things go down in real life, but unfortunately these days the hype around the movies is so huge that nearly every time I go with an expectation the movie seems not upto the mark to me. Same was the case with Elysium, Riddick 3 and quite a lot of movies this year.
I agreed with you in my post about the acting, depth of characters etc. but unfortunately the plot seemed weak to me. Again, I didn't know this was based on a real scam and I was expecting a more fictional plot with great twists and turns but that didn't happen. It was more of an account of what a person goes through when conning someone/ getting caught etc.
I loved Inside Man because, again it had a very solid plot and they always kept focus on the main storyline i.e. the robbery and the interrogation. In 'The American Hustle' the focus was seldom on the actual 'hustle' and that is what made me 'not like' the movie.

P.S. - Inside Man refers to an accomplice on the inside, so I don't know why you think I would expect a movie on biology if watching a movie with a title like that.

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire: Oh God there will be continuation of this movie!! Saw it for two reasons, watched the first one, and Lawrence.
6/10
PS: Did I see it right, the movie just went full screen (changed aspect ratio? !!) from second half or my TV went crazy???

The filming ratio is 1.44:1 for some scene not 2.35:1 that we seen in regular shot movie.... Due to this in some scene AR change from 47:20 to 16:9 full screen...

Back