Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

Any good movies, other than horror and romantic flicks, with rain in the backdrop?
Just saw Glengarry Glen Ross, good movie but the rain, with obviously no relation to the storyline, was a good upside.

Non-Stop:
Before I talk non-stop about 'Non-Stop' I would like rant a bit about Liam Neeson's movies.

The Rant -
Some movies in which he plays main character have odd names. I will name and discuss just 3.
Unknown - What exactly is unknown? The character is unknown about what?
Taken - What was Taken? The seat?
And now we have -
Non-Stop - What is non-stop? The plane - Does that mean it is a direct flight? or The Action?

What is also odd about these 3 movies is here is a guy in an unfamiliar place without a clue. The plot gradually unfolds. Germany, Paris and a flight to UK. Same movie with a few twists and all have ratings around 7 at IMDB but are average at best and don't deserve more than 6, 6.1 if you are feeling generous.

The Movie -
The movie was not bad but not good either. So I definitely can't recommend you going down to your local multiplex or cinema hall for it. A rental may be.... If you have more than 4 people and the rent is Rs.100/- or less. Otherwise find alternatives.
Acting by Liam was okay others were average (less than). Action is very very less. The movie is cheesy. The movie never really grips you at any point. A movie with a plot like this one had - Someone will die every 20 minutes - should make you curious, make you sit up and take notice, make you tense but this movie does none of that. It's so flat that it beats my Frying Pan.

Conclusion - There is no reason to watch a movie like this unless you must see every movie that has Liam Neeson in it or like bad movies with good ratings in particular

Note - I and a friend kept cracking Al Ghul jokes especially after the first fight in the lavatory much to the annoyance of others. At one point we wanted Batman to walk in so that the movie would end in less than a minute. Hard to believe a guy who trained Batman is clueless in every other movie.

What is also odd about these 3 movies is here is a guy in an unfamiliar place without a clue. The plot gradually unfolds. Germany, Paris and a flight to UK. Same movie with a few twists and all have ratings around 7 at IMDB but are average at best and don't deserve more than 6, 6.1 if you are feeling generous.

Don't trust IMDb votes, they are populist, guys watching a couple movies a few month and their only ratings being either 10/10 or 1 or 0/10. Just have a look at there 250 and you'll get a hint of what I am saying.
For some close to genuine ratings, take a look at Rotten Tomatoes and metacritic, they are usually very good at identifying BS movies.

@flash23 - Don't worry I never base my choices on ratings from Imdb, gamespot, ign etc.,
@Spacescreamer - Don't worry 'Coming Soon to theater near you' ;)

Conditions Apply - Coming soon to a theater near you provided you are also present :p

Mark Wahlberg in Transformer movie? :O
Who's this Magenta-color Transformer? Its beautiful *_*

Attachments

• Screenshot_9.jpg
    Screenshot_9.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
Transformers movies are shit plot, acting and everything film making wise. Those who've watched the cartoon series can feel the pain. The CGI though is stunning. Hope they end the series now and reboot it years later with a new outlook.

I liked the first movie, hated the second, loved the third. Not sure about the upcoming fourth. Eagerly waiting for it. Dunno from where the plot of the fourth is being picked up though.

I liked the first movie, hated the second, loved the third. Not sure about the upcoming fourth. Eagerly waiting for it. Dunno from where the plot of the fourth is being picked up though.

Basically from: Milk the Cow & About Time We Got a More Masculine Hero.

Back