Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

I was quite hopeful after watching the first 10-15 mins but it turned out another run of the mill movie with no substance.

Similar to what happened with Gangs of W. The starting was intense, when they explain the coal syndication and how it evolved to pseudo-criminality and progressed to organized crime, subjugating with India's map in the background. That was awesome....! Then it went South (with multiple story lines), and hit the crapper. Total let-down.

Am sure, Gunday does something like this too...! I feel this movie will be a hash-pot of: Kaala Pathar + Sholay. Friendship with the backdrop of coal.

"one cannot come clean when dealing with coal..!". LOL.

:)

Similar to what happened with Gangs of W. The starting was intense, when they explain the coal syndication and how it evolved to pseudo-criminality and progressed to organized crime, subjugating with India's map in the background. That was awesome....! Then it went South (with multiple story lines), and hit the crapper. Total let-down.

Am sure, Gunday does something like this too...! I feel this movie will be a hash-pot of: Kaala Pathar + Sholay. Friendship with the backdrop of coal.

"one cannot come clean when dealing with coal..!". LOL.

:)

Oh man seriously.. I felt like punching someone when they said that stupid line " is kalak ko kaise pochenge?" for the umpteenth time in the climax

But I bet he will be 1000x better than current crappy directors :p

They should not have paired PC with those guys. She is looking like their mom. Way to old, at least by attitude and facial symmetry. God knows what her age is. But, she is mismatched to them.

Interesting how Matthew Mconaghey switched from stuff like Wedding Planner to True Detective and Mud and Dallas Buyers Club.
He's probably the most surprising turnaround in the past few years as far as actors are concerned. Most people used to make jokes on him a few years back. Now he can say **** you to all of them :finger:

Even I wouldn't have believed if you'd have asked me whether he could pull of complex characters like Ron and Rust. So, I should say **** you to me too :D

This is a great article about the phenomenon we're witnessing now called The McConnaissance.

Her - 8/10
Even though this sci-fi premise sounds weird, the movie is anything but. With great performances by Joaquin and an un-sexy Amy Adams this is a slow movie which needs to be experienced. And man, Scarlet can be so sexy, without she even being there o_O

Lucia (Kannada movie) - 8/10.
Good attempt and a decent concept- didn't think there was a market for such kind of Kannada movies..

For those who don't know about it (and I'm sure there are a lot of people here :p), it's a crowd funded movie: (from wiki)

In December 2011 Pawan Kumar announced on social networking website that his next project, after the success of his directorial debut film Lifeu Ishtene, was going to be Lucia. For the next 2 months, he met quite a few producers and top actors and found it difficult to fund his film and that led Pawan Kumar to write a post titled Making Enemies on his blog. Three days after it was published, the response was so overwhelming that he decided to pitch the idea of inviting people to produce the film and Pawan Kumar initiated Project Lucia.[9][10] Lucia is notable for its use of crowdfunding technique. It was funded by 110 investors who contributed to the project through a Facebook page and a blog run by director-actor Pawan Kumar.

Heard it's being re-made in Telugu, Tamil and Hindi! :D

Back