Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

Gisaengchung AKA Parasite - 7.5/10
Went in blind for this one with zero expectations and was pleasantly surprised, definitely worth a watch.

Parasite hype is unbelievable this year, its front runner for Best Picture at Oscar award which is rarity for foreign movie

The Irish Man

I will not rate this movie because I couldn't watch it in it's entirety.

The reason for that is not lack of time. I just couldn't immerse myself in the movie. All 3 actors are great in their own right but in this movie when they tried to play younger versions (Joe Pesci and Robert De Niro) it made me cringe.

Example -
Joe approaches Robert to help him fix the truck. The younger version of both looked so artificial
Robert beats up the shopkeeper like a Mattel He-Man figure. Stiff arms and only the waist spinning was painful to watch.

I just couldn't put these visual weirdness out of my mind and watch the movie for what it is.

I obviously may be wrong but I would have preferred what was done for Godfather 2 where Robert plays a young Vito.

In short young actors playing the younger versions and these 3 playing the older versions or may be 3 young actors with good acting pedigree replacing these 3 altogether but I guess if the latter was done then we wouldn't be talking about it now, would we?

Parasite hype is unbelievable this year, its front runner for Best Picture at Oscar award which is rarity for foreign movie
Finally got to see it. Its good but not outstanding. I preferred Bong Joon-Ho's Snowpiercer, Mother and Memories of Murder to this to be honest.

Parasite is overhyped. It's decent but not superlative. World seems to be waking up to Korean Cinema and all the attention deserved by excellent predecessors is being heaped on here.

Eye For An Eye on Netflix (8/10).

It was a bit of a slow burn but man the ending was something I dreaded more than any horror movie last year.

Parasite is overhyped. It's decent but not superlative. World seems to be waking up to Korean Cinema and all the attention deserved by excellent predecessors is being heaped on here.
Very over-hyped really!
Recent ones I watched
Get Out [2017] 10/10
Us [2019] 9/10
Godzilla [2014] 7/10
The Witch in the Window [2018] 6/10
The Witch [2015] 4/10
The Wicker Man [1973] 6/10
Midsommar [2019] 10/10!
Parasite 5/10
The Irish Man 1/10 .. could not finish, found it boring.

Last edited:
Ver late to watch it but I saw V for Vendetta last night and I was in total awe. Some great acting in the movie and the story is really amazing. I would definitely recommend it to everyone who hasn't watched the movie.

Ver late to watch it but I saw V for Vendetta last night and I was in total awe. Some great acting in the movie and the story is really amazing. I would definitely recommend it to everyone who hasn't watched the movie.
Read the original graphic novel which was written in the 80s. Against the backdrop of the Thatcher government it is even better than the movie.

Back