Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

Which movie are we talking about here?
"Kantara" Sorry forgot to put that,Have edited the same, Checkout the below screenshot which not edited in any way or touched.

Attachments

• Kantara 4K Screenshot.jpg
    Kantara 4K Screenshot.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
Am I the only one here who thinks the OTT version of Kantara is shitty AF !! I'm not talking about the new song or the movie ( It's a masterpiece and nothing to take away that fact)

I'm talking about the shitty mastering (or the lack there of) done by Amazon guys ( or whomsoever is responsible for that to be on Prime) and the compression they've done to save the bandwidth !! They've butchered it,Mothered it :banghead::banghead::banghead:.

If you watch it on a large screen TV ( or on projector with large screen) in a proper Home Theater system environment you'll immediately notice the noisy picture (even in their so called 4K UHD) and the Audio is just lackluster at best,Severely deprived of it's grunt and the thunder ! It's a travesty to say the least that the movie of this epic proportion is reduced to a mere.... just so that they can conserve some bandwidth and please those who watch stuff on their mobiles !!

The Original theatrical experience is something else especially if you've watched it in a proper cinema hall !

I'm looking forward to the Netflix version of the same that was released today, Wanting to see how it fares compared to the Prime one ( Not keeping high hopes though :rolleyes:)

This is a movie that deserves the Blu-ray treatment with high quality proper 4K master with DTS Master HD audio presented in 7.1 Channel !

Who all agree to the above ??

I had a similar feeling. Felt something is flawed with the audio in ott.

But what puzzled me was, the duet song( andhala nadive/ singara siriye). The original version in audio album had good vocals from popular singers and it felt awesome. The ott version is completely different, lyrics were changed and singers were changed too and it felt too bad.

I understand they had to change varaha roopam, but why another song as well? Disappointed.

Am I the only one here who thinks the OTT version of Kantara is shitty AF !! I'm not talking about the new song or the movie ( It's a masterpiece and nothing to take away that fact)

I'm talking about the shitty mastering (or the lack there of) done by Amazon guys ( or whomsoever is responsible for that to be on Prime) and the compression they've done to save the bandwidth !! They've butchered it,Mothered it :banghead::banghead::banghead:.

If you watch it on a large screen TV ( or on projector with large screen) in a proper Home Theater system environment you'll immediately notice the noisy picture (even in their so called 4K UHD) and the Audio is just lackluster at best,Severely deprived of it's grunt and the thunder ! It's a travesty to say the least that the movie of this epic proportion is reduced to a mere.... just so that they can conserve some bandwidth and please those who watch stuff on their mobiles !!

The Original theatrical experience is something else especially if you've watched it in a proper cinema hall !

I'm looking forward to the Netflix version of the same that was released today, Wanting to see how it fares compared to the Prime one ( Not keeping high hopes though :rolleyes:)

This is a movie that deserves the Blu-ray treatment with high quality proper 4K master with DTS Master HD audio presented in 7.1 Channel !

Who all agree to the above ??
Looking forward to your Netflix feedback. Is the music original on NF? Or changed as AP?

Watched Fantastic Mr. Fox a few weeks ago. I had watched all of Wes Anderson's films except this one. I was avoiding it because I thought how good could a stop-motion claymation movie be for adults...

Boy, what an amazing film. Definitely one of the most enjoyable "children's" movies for sure.

Another similar flick would be Kubo and the Two Strings. Both highly recommended.

Watched the menu in the theatres.
Very good story. Amazing actors. Story can be predicted but the end was surprising and the way it was delivered, the suspense held up. Recommended to watch it in theatres near you.

Watched the menu in the theatres.
Very good story. Amazing actors. Story can be predicted but the end was surprising and the way it was delivered, the suspense held up. Recommended to watch it in theatres near you.
Which theatre did you watch it in? Not playing anywhere here in Bangalore.

Watched Fantastic Mr. Fox a few weeks ago. I had watched all of Wes Anderson's films except this one. I was avoiding it because I thought how good could a stop-motion claymation movie be for adults...

Boy, what an amazing film. Definitely one of the most enjoyable "children's" movies for sure.

Another similar flick would be Kubo and the Two Strings. Both highly recommended.
Will these ever come to any ott? Please reply.

You should also see Tim Burton's Corpse Bride.

Stop motion is used from 'bob the builder' to 'jurassic park'. Not for kids every time.

Watched Vadh today. Story is somewhat out there and not really believable completely, basically there are plot holes. But the performances! Oh man! Very good acting by both the main protagonists. I'd rate it 9/10 even though the story is not really "relatable" in any way. Watch it for the thrill and the performances!

The Banshees of Inisherin. Watched it alst night. I'm a fan of Martin McDonagh's works. Beautiful cinematography and atmosphere. Humor was great but still not sure if something else was being said as it gets pretty dark toward the end. The movie could be dealing with the ill effects of obsessing over someone or it could also be portraying mental illness. This was never clear. 7/10 for me as I felt a bit underwhelmed. Unpopular opinion but I still feel Seven Psychopaths was his best film.

Watched avatar 2 in 3D in HFR at IMAX today. I think this is the most beautiful movie I've ever seen. This is an experience that you come across rarely. James Cameroon has pushed the cinematic boundaries yet again.

Watched avatar 2 in 3D in HFR at IMAX today. I think this is the most beautiful movie I've ever seen. This is an experience that you come across rarely. James Cameroon has pushed the cinematic boundaries yet again.
Also caught it in one of the "puny" IMAXs. Not all scenes are in HFR; nevertheless our halls do not really do any justice to movies like these. I would rather wait for the Bluray UHD to turn up for an even better immersive home theater experience.
In terms of the movie, even though the novelty of the first one is no longer there, the visuals are stupendous. The script is weak though. I would put it as 8/10 just considering the effort and innovation behind the visuals.

Also caught it in one of the "puny" IMAXs. Not all scenes are in HFR; nevertheless our halls do not really do any justice to movies like these. I would rather wait for the Bluray UHD to turn up for an even better immersive home theater experience.
In terms of the movie, even though the novelty of the first one is no longer there, the visuals are stupendous. The script is weak though. I would put it as 8/10 just considering the effort and innovation behind the visuals.
I agree on the script part. The story was predictable and had some very questionable moments. But the visuals were so good!
I'm not sure about the average home theatre experience though, yes it'll be good but it won't be anywhere near the IMAX experience. The theatre I went to was a laser IMAX as well which I'm not sure if all IMAXs are lasers or not but it had HDR and spot peak brightness was enough to make me squint.
Not all scenes are in HFR
They had a rule, if it's underwater it's HFR and then some action scenes above water too.
our halls do not really do any justice
I watched it in Singapore. I guess If I had to watch it in my homecity which does not have any IMAX, I'd not be so amazed.

Mulholland Drive - A good movie. Especially to be watched for performance of Naomi Watts, Not to forget Laura Elena Harring. Naomi gives a spell bindingly memorable performance. Laura is so good here, I wonder why we didn't see much of her. She comes across as Catherine Zeta Jones X Pro Max! Would have loved to see her in other notable movies.

Coming back to movie, I found it not as great as it's made out to be. Not a MF for sure. Showing a fantasy sequence with strange scenes for a large part and than showing real story of character seeing that fantasy is not MF.
Real story is "Two struggling actresses fall in love, one progresses (presumably at the expense of other) and ditches the other". The disadvantaged party just makes up a make believe events in her depressed fantasy. This fantasy is shown for 3/4 of the movie with some strange scenes. And suddenly supposed realty is abruptly revealed in name of MF.
One enjoys watching movie but the strange way of execution of Mystery/MF whatever you want to call it leaves a bittersweet feeling in the end.

Last edited:
Back