Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

The man from earth: 9.5
It'll keep you on your toes during the whole time. The lead actor puts and idea on the table and then the movie is all about discussing possibilities of that idea. The best thing I like about the movie is that it was shot in a single room and it still keeps you engaged. A must watch imo.
Yeah that's Hollywood for ya. A room or a coffin, doesn't matter they will still be able to make them entertaining and enjoyable as F. While we keep visiting 69 different places round the world.

It'll keep you on your toes during the whole time. The lead actor puts and idea on the table and then the movie is all about discussing possibilities of that idea. The best thing I like about the movie is that it was shot in a single room and it still keeps you engaged. A must watch imo.
Reminds me of Coherence, i really enjoyed it.
I'll watch The man from Earth tonight. Amazon prime as usual doesn't allow the movie in India.

I recently watched Three Days of the Condor because of a reference in some interview. Will go with 8/10 as it is still extremely watchable despite its age.

The last movie I watched is SOUL - which released in 2020 and is now available on Disney + Hotstar. Although I'm not a big fan of animated movies (judge me all you want), I am forced to give this movie a 5 on 5 because it is a perfectly made film. Great work by PIXAR on the spot on animation and character representation, but really impressed by the entire concept of this movie.
This is probably the best time to watch it because with the change in year, our perception about the way we live our lives should also change. Soul gives an insight into living in the moment and enjoying the here & now. Instead of waiting for things to happen and finding reasons/excuses to feel happy somewhere in the future, we should be grateful for what we currently have. I loved how they portrayed the end of days for Joe Gardner and his entire struggle from the Great Beyond to the Great Before. 22 is definitely the real soul of the movie.
If any of you have also watched this movie, do share what was the best thing you liked about it.
And if you haven't watched it yet, find some time and make sure you watch it.

It gives a beautiful life lesson and the sooner we learn it, the better it will be for us!

Yo G, this is what's good. This movie was very very cosy. The kind of thing to watch in the winters with your loved ones. Although the topic is somewhat intellectual, the environment is spot on.

I watched the Tenet recently. One complex storyline. The dialogues were a little muted over the music score so subtitles helped a lot. I did figure out the concept and the storyline, but it can be confusing to grasp everything. It was something unique and different. Not something I'd rate too high, maybe 7/10 at max. Enjoyable, but not engaging.

Donnie Darko : ?/10
Well, what's up with this movie !! So highly rated everywhere, people watching 10s of times, making it a cult movie. And I am clueless what I have just watched.
What am I missing? I got the story overall. This explanation video helped (Donnie Darko Explained: The Ending & What It Meant - YouTube).
But, I wouldn't rate it that high. :confused::confused::confused:
You have to be a psycho to praise this type of movies. I watched Psycho few nights back, not sure what the big deal was, maybe in the 60s it was though.m, still...

I love mindfuck movies like Donnie Darko, Mulholland Drive, Eraserhead etc.
Watched a strange bengali movie last weekend "Vinci da"..I'm a sucker for serial killer movies and loved it. Ritwick Chakraborty is an incredible actor!!

Donnie Darko : ?/10
Well, what's up with this movie !! So highly rated everywhere, people watching 10s of times, making it a cult movie. And I am clueless what I have just watched.
What am I missing? I got the story overall. This explanation video helped (Donnie Darko Explained: The Ending & What It Meant - YouTube).
But, I wouldn't rate it that high. :confused::confused::confused:
You just take the movie for what it is and interpret it accordingly. I watched in only once, may be a decade ago, but liked it. It is kind of all David Lynch movies/series where you just accept the story for what it is without going crazy trying to find a meaning grounded in reality. It is absolutely not for anyone expecting something sensible and straight-forward.

Haven't read any interpretations of such movies but I suppose others try to explain it through mental disorders or hallucinations or alternate universes, so no point in trying to make too much sense out of it.

Back