Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

American Beauty (1999)
8/10. Very surreal movie. I found it to be quite funny too for some reason.
So, last week, I was browsing through r/movies (as I usually do seldom), and this post asking Which movie traumatised you? irked me. I looked at those replies and for some reason chose The Human Centipede (First Sequence) [2009]. Generally, I can't stand or watch movies that promote gore or extreme human torture, but I somehow survived this movie.

Don't know why it scored so bad on IMDB, but it's definitely a 11/10 thriller that I simply cannot dare to watch again.

On a happier note though, just to brush off the negativity, watched Say Anything (1989). I have to say, 1989 delivered two of the greatest rom-coms of all generations, one being When Harry Met Sally, and other one being this. John Cusack really knocked it out of the park and I still don't know why he didn't even get an Oscar nomination.
Say Anything was really nice. :hearteyes:

Watched Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves.
Goofy and somewhat fun, it has's moments. But too lengthy (2hrs+), they could have cut 20-30 mins.
Dubbing in our language is really good and funny. Overall 6/10.

John Wick: Chapter 4
Felt little bit disappointed, 1 & 3 were great.
Too many cluttered fights scenes, didn't feel like there are any stakes or suspense/intense moments.
Still manages to entertain with JW and his routine buildup, few good fights and great visuals - 6/10.

When Harry Met Sally... 5/10
Such a boring movie, doesn't suit current gen, maybe it was better for people who watched in 80s, 90s.
Final scene just saved the movie I guess. Meg was fantastic.

Both Hollywood and Bollywood has copied, built upon, deconstructed, or parodied many elements from the movie so it feels boring because you have seen it before. Happens many times.

I recommend Prem Aggan. It's so stupidly bad that it's brilliant.

You'll enjoy this cringe fest or money return guarantee.

It's freely available on youtube.

Fast X - 5/10, Same old story with no innovation. They tried to replicate Avengers where Thanos kills everyone in first movie (same here) and you come back strong in next movie.

Indian Jones
6/10
The storyline wasn't engaging enough. But worth a watch simply because you love the genre it has created over the years.

Pathaan 2/10
Some actions were decent. Bakhi sab bakwaas. nice locations and sharp cinematography though.
Some of the scenes were clearly copied from videos games like Uncharted. ....They just watch their kids playing and then use that in their movie. fully copied . Did not even try to make changes.

SRK for me has never been a solid actor and when i see Salman in a movie. I get a headache only few movies of his i have ever found it watchable that too when I am really wanting to kill time.
John too is not a solid actor either.

This movie is basically just like War. They made movie to show Hrithik and Tiger's body. So now they replaced those two with SRK and John and told him ab tum log bhi dikhao apna body.
Dialogues , story, music all were below average for me.

ponniyin selvan 2 . 5/10.
Decent overall. Liked the first 1 better. Was actually excited about it.
Nice take on Chola empire. It is amazing how great empires Indian has had but most Indians hardly have ever read about it. Not politicizing it but most Indian history I have read was very little about South India and mostly Mughal Empire. They should be covered also in detail but so should other great empires of India too. So kudos to Mani Ratnam to bring this proud history to Indians also. Wish the effort was little more interesting.

will actually like to read more about them. ( if anyone has some interesting book to recommend about Chola Empire , please do)

Back