Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

Animal - Watched it 3rd time yesterday... I know..I know. First time only liked 30% of it. Mainly the ost and some sequences. Bobby is awesome. Story is all over the place and the director is roleplaying himself in Ranbir rather than the character. But it's so energetic, fresh and unapologetic. Still a looot of problems, but once you understand what the characters are, whatever they are, it's quite a unique experience.

The Iron Claw - 8/10 I don't follow wresting anymore but it was dam good to see such a movie and they really did a good job. Though I started watching in 90's where Hitman Hart, Shawn Michel were main wrestlers but you will come across few familiar names like Rick Flair and Holk Hogan in the movie.

censor board
bro, the move was made to win oscar why CBFC try to jeopardize that.
Its different that foreign-hands, and aunty-nationals did conspiracy so that this didn't get oscar.

No one watched 12th fail ?
Such an amazing movie !
indeed one great move after a long !!

watched Wonka , 7/10 . good to watch with kids.
Specially the first half is really good, second they rushed and not so good ending.

Last edited:
Watched The Hill and No Hard Feelings, yesterday.

2.5/5 each
Won't watch them again.

By the way anyone with letterboxd account here? I would love to connect with TE cinema enthusiasts.

The Marvels (2023)

1.5/5

Rushed & abruptly edited pacing. Feels more like a montage of scenes with some stuff thrown in between. My nephew writes better and more coherent dialogue than the ones in this one. Encapsulates the proper Disney-fied MCU movie. The only saving grace that makes it bearable for its rather short runtime, is the actors Brie & Iman. They try to give their best with what they are provided and Brie's acting is much superior compared to her previous outings in the MCU. The story feels bland and constructed on a set A to B path by writers with no knowledge whatsoever of how people actually talk. The tonality is all over the place and it is a shame that the talented director was given such a weak script. The choreography of the fights is quite nice but is inconsistent. Also, the sound mixing felt off in some places with volume issues as well in the official Digital release.

Uri.
10/10.

Must watch.
I enjoyed this one. As close as you can get for an Indian Fauda :happy:

For a well known plot it was all about anticipation and it delivers. Couple of scenes with artistic license. Not a problem.

The scene where the nsa discovers the drone was hilarious with an unexpected wow factor.

This is where that 'josh' expression began
Saw Kashmir Files yesterday.

Still shaken. How did censor board approve this much of gore.
A documentary dressed up as a movie. Good story telling. I was trying to avoid it. Being aware of the history and geopolitics it would be preaching to the choir. This movie is for people that don't know the history. One I would promote to foreigners to subtly derail any anti discussion about kashmir.

My understanding of the topic only picked up once I went with the state narrative. Prior I was being fed the separatist one without knowing the difference. Just like what the protagonist goes through in the movie. Education does not come for free and unless you first get it wrong you won't appreciate the value after when you get it right.

Then I saw it and understood why I didn't want to see it. Nightmare subject made worse because it really happened :nailbiting:

Last edited:
Bramayugam -8/10
A malayalam movie blending genres of horror, mystery and drama , fully shot in black and white which took the viewer to that magical world within 5 minutes of the movie.
Performances and technical details were world class.
Must theatre experience.

Sorry but I regret watching that movie and even now, wonder, how it was from the same director, who gave us movies like 3 Idiots and Sanju. I consider myself lucky not watching it in the hall.
yeah, it was bad but I liked it in parts. Didn't hope it to be at the same level as 3 idiots or Munnabhai.
Also, Sanju was okayish only for me.

Septembers of Shiraz 7/10

If you liked Adrian Brody in the pianist. This is him being a jew again but in Iran and what that entails as Khomeini takes over.

It's a brooding movie and gives an insight into how life changed. The opportunists taking advantage of their bosses and outright looting.

Back