Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

desi Ex Machina :)
regardless, it was fun to watch. 6/10 for me as well.

Exactly! I give them credit for thinking about a different kind of plot in the Desi scene and actually making it fun to watch for the most part. Loved the chaos in the end... and I just can't get over the fact how stunning Kriti looks in the movie... whew!

Watched another movie this afternoon...

Road House (2024) - 6/10

Haven't watched the original 1989 movie with the same name but I enjoyed this one. That had Patrick Swayze in it and this has one of my preferred actors to watch... Jake Gyllenhaal. I was craving an action flick and this hit the spot. Also, the amped up version of Conor McGregor was funny and outrageously over the top... loved it! Would have been even better if I had a bottle of Vodka to down while watching this one!

Last edited:
Watched two movies recently:

• Burnt (2015)
The cinematography was fantastic and it definitely felt that you are seeing the backend operations of any Michelin-rated restaurant. Bradley Cooper perfectly portrayed how a Michelin-rated chef should behave and the pacing was brilliant. What not to like was the romance scenes as they felt stiff and unwelcoming. A must-watch for fanatics of Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares (UK, not the US) and Masterchef US.

Rating it 8/10.

• BlackBerry (2023)
Again the cinematography was brilliant and at the starting it felt like I'm watching Fincher's Social Network all over again. However, once you complete the starting act, you will find that the pacing in this movie is really bad, a feat that Fincher undoubtedly mastered. Scenarios come at you thick and fast without time to ponder upon.

Also, most of the movie focused more on CEO Jim Balsillie ups and downs, rather than showing what a great company truly was BlackBerry was in its heydays. The movie should have showcased BlackBerry's unwavering reign over the US smartphone market for years. And then you have the latter part of the movie focusing more on the iPhone's release, which has been milked to death by now, that even unborn children know.

A missed opportunity and would not recommend for any BlackBerry or technology fanatic.

Rating it 5/10.

The Gentlemen - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13210838/ - 8/10

Witty, dark humor and liked the dialog which was sharp and to the point. Daniel Ings who plays as Freddy and brother to the Duke is brilliant. The story is not fool proof but keeps you interested for the next episode. Guy Ritchie has done well and seems like he might have directed couple of episodes. Nice for a weekend binge watch.

What went wrong? I am yet to watch it but the IMDB rating is 8.2!!

For me it was a few things:

The Script - Should have been flushed down the toilet.

Tiger Shroff's Acting - Cheap Rambo lookalike with piss poor acting.

Cringe Jokes and one liners between Tiger and Akshay.

Manushi Chhillar - Robotic acting that had no emotions being portrayed at all.

Last edited:
Just watched Civil War in Imax. Absolutely blown away. One of the most harrowing movies I've seen in a long time. I even got secondhand panic attack watching certain sequences in this film. Tough, complicated themes and the ideas scared the shiz outta me. The powerful cinematography and sound design just elevated this thing to outer space.

What a movie.

Have been a huge fan of Alex Garland for a long time and he's just delivered in spades this time.

10/10.

Back