Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

i just watch Halloween (1978).....a lot has been already said about this movie...
check this review...Review: Halloween ...it calls it one of the 'top 100 all time best' movie...
but i differ on this..i mean, what was so scary about the movie...i have seen much scarier movies than this...what on earth makes it a cult movie?? beats me...:no: neither michael myers, nor the boo moments gave me any creeps, whatsoever...:no: the movie seriously lacks any story...:no:

^^ One explanation : American audience of 1970's-80's! :p

Once it was accepted as a cult classic, no one dared to think otherwise..

I may be flamed for this one, but the movie considered to be India's most successful flick "Sholay" didn't come across as anything special to me..:no: But still today you find people who swear by it..:huh:

Imagine said:
I watched 300 too... but i didnt understand wats there in it

theme.. colors and sound are totally like the POPWW and with noir effect... No story at all... fight fight fight...

One thing i didnt understand y the hell are those ppl fighting with out any protection??? where is thier armour??? Even achilies had armor in troy for god sake...

The whole movies seemed like a Trainler nothing more...

I don't know the time gap between the battle of troy and the battle of thermopylae, but I do know that in the battle of thermopylae (on which the 300 movie is based), soldiers were nearly naked, with their penises hanging about.

Battle of Thermopylae - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So yeah, not wearing the armor should be the last thing on the mind here :p

Params7 said:
I don't know the time gap between the battle of troy and the battle of thermopylae, but I do know that in the battle of thermopylae (on which the 300 movie is based), soldiers were nearly naked, with their penises hanging about.

Battle of Thermopylae - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So yeah, not wearing the armor should be the last thing on the mind here :p

Actually i didtn get u??? u mean the spartans were really without armor???
But in the link u have given its says spartans were heavily armored compared to persians and thats one of the major reasons they survived...

Amd4life said:
I may be flamed for this one, but the movie considered to be India's most successful flick "Sholay" didn't come across as anything special to me.. But still today you find people who swear by it..

Well bro, u've got company...i gotta say, its way too mediocre to get the credit of being india's finest movies of all times...i think its the most over rated movie in all of bollywood...wtf was so great about it? :O infact i found it to be one of the dumbest flicks of all times...over the top acting by all the characters, and tht basanti really irritated me to the point tht i skipped channels everytime she came on the screen...:mad: ohh god..sitting thru the whole of it was a chore...but i just wanted to see, what was so gr8 about this movie a whole generation swears by...:no: To say i was disappointed wud be an understatement...its nothing more than a cheap b grade flick..only difference is tht in this case, their budget was bigger than the A+ grade flicks of that time and they had a big starcast..hell, they made the costliest b-grade flick of all times...:rofl: :lol:

Private Ryan said:
Well bro, u've got company...i gotta say, its way too mediocre to get the credit of being india's finest movies of all times...i think its the most over rated movie in all of bollywood...wtf was so great about it? :O infact i found it to be one of the dumbest flicks of all times...over the top acting by all the characters, and tht basanti really irritated me to the point tht i skipped channels everytime she came on the screen...:mad: ohh god..sitting thru the whole of it was a chore...but i just wanted to see, what was so gr8 about this movie a whole generation swears by...:no: To say i was disappointed wud be an understatement...its nothing more than a cheap b grade flick..only difference is tht in this case, their budget was bigger than the A+ grade flicks of that time and they had a big starcast..hell, they made the costliest b-grade flick of all times...:rofl: :lol:

not to mention its a copy of seven samurai ( a poor copy indeed ) ... which is my 3nd fav kurosawa movie , 1st being rashomon ans 2nd high and low ...;)

Meet the parents : 6.5/10.
Imagine said:
Actually i didtn get u??? u mean the spartans were really without armor???
But in the link u have given its says spartans were heavily armored compared to persians and thats one of the major reasons they survived...

Well, then it must've been done for the effects, but they still had good protection from the shields they carried.

It's not The 300 Spartans and it's not 300. It's Frank Miller's 300 and that's how he depicted them in the graphic novel.
You think Xerxes was really 8 feet tall and moved around on that ridiculous chariot? :p

Das Leben der Anderen - 9/10 Awesome movie :hap2: :hap2:
saumilsingh said:
It's not The 300 Spartans and it's not 300. It's Frank Miller's 300 and that's how he depicted them in the graphic novel.
You think Xerxes was really 8 feet tall and moved around on that ridiculous chariot? :p

Well i guess i was critisizing the novel then... Its like a rajni or chiru movie with lot of special effects :p

Welll... I will try to answer why people swear by sholay... Well simply because its one movie which had everything which bollywood has to offer... The term i am trying to say is masala... You laugh/cry/feel pity/feel like killing/romance/hate just about everything was there in the movie not to forget the songs...

And sholay had one of the most rememberable dialogues... The basanti/mausi/itna sannata kyon hai bhai and the ever famous tera kya hoga kalia... You remember each and every character of the movie cause they had parts perfectly gelled with the film... Yes if you consider it by today's standard then yes the movie does look very stupid now... But tell me honestly how many movies had all these things...

people say DDLJ was great... Hell i find it crap... Infact they only shahrukh khan movie i liked was DON... But that too a bit...

Also for the record... My all time favourite hindi movie is Jane Bhi Do Yarron closely followed by Andazz Apna Apna and Hera Pheri...

As for the thread have seen almost 15 movies in last month...

few of them which i would like to recommend...

Troy (I still dont curse myself for not watching it earlier)

Gladiator (And this)

Sincity (And this... But still i enjoyed this on a projector so chalta hai :p)

The Prestige (Saw it during the flight... A very well done movie )

Bheja Fry (A must watch for Ranbir and Vinay fans)

Bicentennial Man (Robin Williams at his best)

300 (I need not say anything about this except for... Few things could have been different)

Fly Boys 7/10

Saw The Reaping last Friday, which I happened to like but most people would scratch their heads because of the biblical influences driving the story. I'd give it 8/10.

switch said:
feel like killing

well..thts the most profound feeling i got after watching sholay...kill basanti the chatterbox...kill veeru the bewda:)lol:) ....kill jai..kill thakur....kill asrani.. even kill gabbar for not killing the others fast n keep laughing like an a$$hole..n finally, kill the sippys for still making money out of such a crap pot of a movie.... kill kill kill...kill 'em all...:2guns: :2guns:...........:lol:

I agree sholay is too damn boring... Till now i havent watched the whole movie at a strech :p

and hey i have a question can anyone tell me if the telugu movie AITHE (in tamil its called RAM i think) an original or is it copied frm any hollywood flicks???
I really love this movie for its awesome story line and intelligent editing and was thinking if it was a rip off from any foreign movie... any help is really appreciated...

4 movies in the past 2 days (and that when i should be studying for an imp exam this weekend..Damn me!!)

Lucía y el sexo (Spanish) - 7/10

Good movie..You could either watch it for the nice lil' story or te explicit scenes..Upto you.. :p

Gouttes d'eau sur pierres brûlantes (French) - 5/10

All points for good acting..The story sucked big time..

8 femmes (French) - 9/10

One word: Wow! Brilliantly colourful murder mystery with some high-quality laughs thrown in..Sublime!

If you've seen and liked Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, then this is much better! ;)

Saam gaang yi (Asian) - 8/10

Its a must see for lovers of Asian cinema..Basically three short movies (one each from Hong Kong, Japan & S. Korea) in one flick..

Three brilliantly directed films with amazing cinematography and all with open-endings that can make you pull your hair out..No wonder the movie is called "Three Extremes" :D

Spiderman 3, and trust me MJ is getting on many's nerves now... Spidey is one of them :p 3 Movies and she continues to be da Baddy :D

Ok enuff of that... MJ thing..

As for Movie, its slow [coz of MJ] and sometimes hard to watch, anyways as usual we get to see some neat effects and crazy Cam movements in END, again thanks to MJ :S.

Overall.. its not wat I expcted. Hope they recover Moni and make a spanking new MJ 4 errr sorry.. Spiderman 4.

Back