Razer Death Adder - Is it worth it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
could be , i got a quote of 4250 in may '07 from the distro in bbay

BIKeINSTEIN said:
DA is 4.4K in India?? :O

Sorry if it seems to be trashing a sale thread, but its totally not worth that price, if at all that is the price. I tested the DA and worked with it for a month. Its definitely not worth 4.4K or 4.2K anything like that. Razer needs to control the urge to atrociously price their products...

Price aside that doesnt change the fact that this is a really good mouse and I think by now we should be used to seeing retailers inflate pricing of niche products

Vandal said:
Sorry if it seems to be trashing a sale thread, but its totally not worth that price, if at all that is the price. I tested the DA and worked with it for a month. Its definitely not worth 4.4K or 4.2K anything like that. Razer needs to control the urge to atrociously price their products...

This mouse is actually one razer product that commands whatever price it is. Frickin amazing sensor and after firmware and driver updates, its the most flawless mouse I've ever used till date.

Vandal said:

you are so wrong. if ms or logitech had made such a mouse they would have charged over 5k for this india.

3k is a great price for this mouse & that too brand new.

Chaos said:
This mouse is actually one razer product that commands whatever price it is. Frickin amazing sensor and after firmware and driver updates, its the most flawless mouse I've ever used till date.

Well far be it that I may contradict you. A mouse is a very personal thing isn't it, and for me, I found very little difference between the G5/MX518/Ikari mice and this one. These three are different from each other, I'm not saying they are similar, just comparing the tracking qualities with the DA.

And this isn't about test figures or anything related to the mag. I play a lot of WC3, Q3, and used the mouse at home for Crysis and COD4 as well. The DA is better than the MX518, I remember getting a lot of spot on rails but with an MX518 going for 1400/- would my game skills increase by 220%?? (the price percentage hike). If it does, they I'll gladly buy it, and ofcourse PM everyone who was right with my sincerest apologies...

And my apologies to the guy who's selling here. So sorry to go totally OT in a sale thread, but I felt the comments by chaos and stormblast deserved a reply. No more thread crapping by me here.

Btw I will say that the DA is one of the most comfortable mice I've used...very suitable for large handed blokes. A free bump just for that...

Add to that logic, will my q3a skills increase by 500% if I use an MX 518 compared to a normal MS basic optical ?

And while we are at it, will my batting skills improve 1000% if I buy one of those expensive Grenacles bat from UK compared to the locals brands I have here...

So if I can score 1 run in the match with a local bat, I can score a century with a grenacles bat....

Professional gaming is more of a sport now, and VFM is not a criteria there...

Why the fixation on gaming ? I dont game but still prefer the DA to any other mouse out there , ive used mx 510 and 518 and a few of the other from the snake family and honestly couldnt find any difference till i used the DA.

btw we've totally managed to derail the thread :D

edit : thread split, feel free to crap all you want :D

Sheesh- just a post to exptress my surprise over the DA's price in Mumbai and a thread under my name- damn. :(

I wasn't complaing on the OP's sale price. :p
And arguing over h/w is so silly- i might be a lousy rider but i have a Yamaha R1- how does it matter?? :bleh:

I would love to have a GSXR though many find Gixxers not so user friendly. :)

It's a matter of personal choice- yeh apun ke choice ka mamla hai. :rofl:
So what's the cost of a DA in Mumbai?? :p

(i don't mind getting one as long as it doesn't die like the copperheads. :p)

Im with Vandal on this one,,
I used the DA and didnt like it.. the shape wasnt something i liked, I play a lot of games and CSS :p and DA just wasnt for me

Im used to the MX 518 and will stick by it like glue,, My old Mx 518 was giving me troubles so I just got another 518 :rofl:

P.s
I think the new MX 518 has the same sensor as the DA and its priced at 1.3k

BIKeINSTEIN said:
So what's the cost of a DA in Mumbai?? :p

its for approx 4K (or a little less) in Mumbai inclusive of taxes

BIKeINSTEIN said:
Sheesh- just a post to exptress my surprise over the DA's price in Mumbai and a thread under my name- damn. :(

thats why we caution you to think before you post :devil2:
BIKeINSTEIN said:

me and chaos have been using ours for over a year without probs. i think stormie has one as well and I havent seen any complaints from him either

I am using the Mx518 for more than 2 yrs, and its still going good. No issues with it so far. But i still like the DA. Have used it in chaos's and bottle's rig :p. Just y'day i was thinking if i should change my mouse i.e to get a DA. Not coz mx518 is giving me any issue, just coz am little bored of it :lol:

bottle said:
thats why we caution you to think before you post :devil2:

Ya- you guys told me to 'think'- but didn't tell me how?? :mad: :rofl:

Saiyan said:
Just y'day i was thinking if i should change my mouse i.e to get a DA. Not coz mx518 is giving me any issue, just coz am little bored of it :lol:

DA cancelled- ur 518 is mine. :lol:

aah saiyan send it to me :lol: you have sem of my stuff na send that too :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back