Received KYC related email today

nRiTeCh

Skilled
Received one KYC related email today. I received such email last year as well.

I dont have IDFC bank a/c yet the bank on my behalf is updating records.

Mail is genuine though..

1657213501495.png

PDF looks like this:

1657213727022.png

All details are accurately mentioned.

If someone has received the same kindly confirm.

Last edited:
Did you have any relationship with capital first? or flipkart credit card? buy now pay later thingy?

Check your cibil.

Both Filpkart Pay Later or Amazon Pay Later have different banks because I recently used both of them and none of them IDFC first bank.

I was contacted by IDFC first bank 6 months ago where their KYC verification man came and tried to offer me 3lacs for 36months repayment with about 12% or more interest monthly and my wife caused such a ruckus with my parents where I called the man and got it cancelled immediately.

No more of any offers came to me later after that.

One must be careful because somebody might have done your KYC and you might end up paying for them instead.

Another incident happened where I put my computer table for sale in OLX and a local man responded and told me to scan a barcode and I did where upon he sent me Rs.1 and later he told me to scan another barcode and I did where up it started telling me that because of insufficient funds in My account the transaction failed.

Later he started threatening that he sent me an agreed amount for my table and I need to repay first but I did not receive anything I told him but he started saying that he informed the Police. So in this time my wifey took my phone and told that man to come to our nearest Police station which is just 100metres from my apartment and that fellow quietly denied saying that not to call him further and blocked my number.

But the interesting thing here that happened was his OLX account was put on suspicious list after this incident though I did not complain anything to OLX CC. Then who did this. Is it him or any gang who did.

Such kinds of frauds are happening. One must be very careful these days.

PS: But when ever I post in OLX I immediately tell that man to come to Tech Enclave or Digit to buy or sell because I trust these 2 forums very much.

Lol. I didn't ask the cibil score. :D:D
Log into your cibil or get a cibil report and check if you have any records with IDFC or capital first.
If I someone says its OK then people will again ask how you ensure its ok etc. so I'm always precise! :cool:
And I already get my monthly cibil report so except for my banks no such IDFC first and hdfc second is mentioned in any third report...

IDFC was the lending partner when I used Flipkart pay later before. If it was recently activated it might take a month or two to appear on your CIBIL report. Check your Flipkart account to see if the facility was activated somehow. You need not have used it for purchases but it will (eventually) appear in your CIBIL report as long as its activated.

In any case check with Flipkart customer care to see if this is related to them. Unlike their regular support team, the ones responsible for the CC and Pay later facility actually do help :p. Connect with the regular support guys via chat/call first and they will get the relevant team to call you back in a day or so.

If I someone says its OK then people will again ask how you ensure its ok etc. so I'm always precise! :cool:
And I already get my monthly cibil report so except for my banks no such IDFC first and hdfc second is mentioned in any third report...
Do you pay for this with their subscription? Is it worth it?
Sorry for the ot

i too received this but from hdfc....i think its related to mutual fund for me because that is only thing i ever took on hdfc.

If you open a new relationship or update kyc with your financial institution, your bank/mf distributor may update/enroll your kyc with Central kyc registry. After that you get a ckyc number.
After this all financial institution will fetch your kyc details from ckyc registry. No need to do kyc separately with every bank/MF house.

Back