Recliner for computer use

Aah, ok. The generic shops sell whatever they have sometimes. Especially larger furniture. Is Evok a big brand? Like Durian used to be?

Now that's big ! Dang, i wish there was some way you could compare it with the Urbanladder recliner to see the difference. In the photos, the frame under the footrest looks exactly the same. Btw, the back just slides down on to and clips on to the bottom half. Check if it's the same way. I'll try and post some detail photos tomorrow.

^^ The recliner is still made in china and packaged for Evok. Its not like they made the furniture themselves. Other stuff like dining tables etc are probably made locally by other suppliers. But in any case, I really liked the overall quality and finish of the products they had on display. The dining tables in particular looked rock solid.

What i meant is even though both are chinese, there may be a higher quality standard for hindware than UL. (funny thing eh, hindware using chinese...)

Anyways, i tried sleeping on the recliner today and same issue. The lumbar cushion is too high up my back to be comfortable, i think i'll have to experiment with an additional cushion at the bottom.

I think your decision to try before buy applies very much here. Basically anything with body contact really not just shoes, clothes etc.

lololol, is that what it really means?[DOUBLEPOST=1503422210][/DOUBLEPOST]Well, OCD dictates must research. So found this:

http://www.hindwarehomes.com/about-ushistory.aspx

1969 Company renamed to Hindustan Sanitaryware & Industries Limited
1991 Introduced the Hindware Brand

Yeah, yeah i know you were kidding. But someone might take this seriously and turn into into a national issue or something.

@vishalrao can you measure and let me know the seat height from the floor when upright? The Tribbiani recliner i.e. nvm, found it on their site, 19"

My current chair is 15"-20". I use ~18"...

I measured it and it is around 17.5" not 19" as mentioned on their site.

^^That Stacker 830 is not in use. Its empty. :p I just could not sell it off.

The one I have in use currently is Xigmatek Elysium which is on the Right hand side of the table. Its not covered in the photo and you can only catch a glimpse of its edge on the right.

The recliner is very comfy. However for typing, I have to say that the seating height is not enough as the cushion goes down quite a bit. To complicate matters my table was also constructed a bit taller than usual at my own bidding.

The recliner is very comfy. However for typing, I have to say that the seating height is not enough as the cushion goes down quite a bit. To complicate matters my table was also constructed a bit taller than usual at my own bidding.

Sorry I missed out on replying to this thread earlier or I could have warned you about this exact problem. I had a recliner myself too about 4 years ago that I used for a short while at my desk. I had the exact same issues as yourself. In fact over a period of time, I found that the long hours at the desk in the recliner did no good for my back & I quickly moved it out to my second home and switch to an ergonomic chair.

I wish I could have told you this earlier but a recliner for use with PC work is not a very good idea unless you can optimise the angle of the monitor and other components that you need within reach, however, posture problems might still cause backache after prolonged sessions

I have pretty much the same issue with my recliner. Need ~18" from the floor without much give. The back etc. is not an issue because i never lean back while typing, always upright. So the jugaad fix for this one is an additional, slightly firm cushion i think. Measurements ~17-18" square and about 3-4 inches thick.

Back