Recommed me Indian Webhost

Hi all,

I am searching for a good INdian webhost. The reason for why Indian is that I can't pay by CC or paypal.

I am tired by my current webhost. Too many downtimes. So I have shortlisted some:

1)bizzhost.com (seems VFM, Googled for its review, seems good)
2)whost.in (plan somewhat seems pricey compared to bizzhost, and no reviews by searching google also)
3)rvh.in (found some good reviews)
4)ewebguru(found some good reviews by Google)

But the most important thing for me is the uptime. I want something reliable. So I really dont know which one to go for.

So suggest me from this list or some other good Indian webhost.

Thnx.

I am currently using Whost.in , I am quite happy with the service. site does load pretty fast and uptime is also as promised.

here is uptime of past 3months of my site hosted on their server:

Year Month Outages Uptime Downtime

2009 December 0 100.000% 0.000%

2009 November 0 100.000% 0.000%

2009 October 1 99.941% 0.059%

I suggest you send sales inquiry to all fours of host mentioned above and ask your doubts. then select on basis of their replies.

I personally would recommend either whost.in or ewebguru. both are in business from long time and provide good service. not to mention some of them provide, 30day money back warranty so you can try the service risk free!:eek:hyeah:

Hope it helps

All are good till you didn't catch them for THEIR FAULT in Service.

go with any of following:

hostingdukan.com

rvh.in (realvaluehosting.com)

hostcats.com

bizzhost.com

gohindi.com

dinsol.com

above name service providers REALLY cares for customers & tries level best to satisfies them... tested.... :)

HTH :)

I will also need to renew my domain name, its ending on feb, so can I renew in advance? I think I will renew it with the new hosting provider only(with whoever I select). So is it a complicated process to transfer this domain name & webhost to another provider ? I dont know how to do this all... :))

Edit: BTW, thnx guys for all your help.So may go for whost or ewebguru, I don't know, I have some 1 month time to select.

And Gaurish, I just now did a reverse IP lookup of ur blog. There are 222 domain names I found. Isn't this figure too high. I mean so many sites are hosted on the same server. this can affect speed, right?

saqib_khan said:
I will also need to renew my domain name, its ending on feb, so can I renew in advance?

Yes, you can transfer it anytime. they will simply add +1 year to your remaining term.

I think I will renew it with the new hosting provider only(with whoever I select). So is it a complicated process to transfer this domain name & webhost to another provider ? I dont know how to do this all... :))

Nah, transfer is relative easy and completes without any downtime on domain. just put a transfer request to gaining registrar to begin the process.

btw, I would suggest to keep your domain name registrar and webhost separate for security reasons. I do the same!

And Gaurish, I just now did a reverse IP lookup of ur blog. There are 222 domain names I found. Isn't this figure too high. I mean so many sites are hosted on the same server. this can affect speed, right?

yes, if server is overloaded, your site would load slow but judging by number of domain names hosted on particular is not correct because different servers have different capacities, like a Quad core based server can handle more sites than Dual core based server.

so, instead you should be looking at the load average of the server, its a correct indicator to see is the host is overselling or not. this can be seen from command line with top and uptime commands. if your host does not provide shell access, you can check if your control panel.

Here is sample screenshot from my Cpanel account

as you can see above, server is 8core with adequate amount of ram, so its able to handle the sites hosted on it. load at all times is less than 5% which is good sign. however, you see higher server loads it means server is overloaded and most probably oversold.

Best of luck with your host search;)

^^ok, thnx for the detailed explanation. And I dont know all this configuration thingee, therefore I am thinking to keep both domain name & hosting with a single company, like now.

And another thing, I want some knowledge regarding this error. I have signed up with 2 website monitoring services and keep on getting this error "Second Error Alert - Your Web site is still not responding:

Time: bla bla

Error: Timed out.

And second site i.e. freewebmonitoring.com gave me this error: "We received the following error from your website: No Route to Server". On clicking this link I got this explanation "There is a network connection problem between Free Web Monitoring and the website server. This usually indicates that a web server is down and temporary blocking the connection between the monitor and web server where the website is located. "

So my question is what could be the problem. Is it problem with webhosting or some problem from domain side.

Some of you may be monitoring the uptime of your site, therefore I want some knowledge in this regard, and sorry for going offtopic.

saqib_khan said:
So my question is what could be the problem. Is it problem with webhosting or some problem from domain side.

Some of you may be monitoring the uptime of your site, therefore I want some knowledge in this regard, and sorry for going offtopic.

most probably Webhost's server is down(http or dns service) or the firewall is blocking the monitor service's IP, it can't reach to check the sites status.

I personally use these 3 websites to monitor my uptime

works pretty well:hap2:

Yes! As Gaurish said try to Keep your Domain and Hosting Accounts Separate :) I am using Namecheap for my Domains and Hostgator Baby Plan for Hosting

Also go for Free Pingdom Account - It's really awesome and has got 20 FREE SMS Alerts (Go for BulkSMS from settings) , Twitter Alerts, Email Alerts etc.

Just scroll down to the bottom of page and you can see a Signup link for a Free Account with 20 SMS Alerts. Don't Signup for a trial account :hap2:

BTW here's my account screenshot: :D

http://www.imagebam.com/image/9dc33260718088

Yes,

Namecheap is very good... iirc.. they offers free privacy control for domains.

Hostgator very good for big site & have refund policy too.

Before going with host READ carefully their TOS, as some host named here by members didn't even take backup their own & no refund (15/30 days) policy if you didn't like there service.

But then again, I can't pay to them. I can't pay by CC or paypal. Just now checked namecheap. And as you all are saying, I'll keep both separate.

@mrintech, thnx for suggesting that webiste. Signed up with them.

which host should i buy from if i want to put up a site with secure shopping cart in future?

Edit: can i pay with indian cc on godaddy? any other domain name provider cheaper than these guys?

Back