Laptops Recommend a Netbook for Basic Use

Can someone provide a price list of all the netbooks available in India right now and mention the best ones. Where can I buy asus EeePC 1002HA and Eee PC 1000HE and for how much?

Thank in advance.

Lenovo S12 is not available anywhere last I checked, if you know where I can find one please share.

ASUS 1000HE looks the best among all the other books. It has a better processor but no idea on the RMA support for ASUS netbooks ?

if u can wait a bit ... hold out for those 12 " models which will come out .. or else go with 1000He at prime .....i am sure there wont be a problem with RMA

Bought an Asus 1002HA from Prime a couple of weeks ago
sleek
great battery life (almost 5 hours with brightness at 50% and power saving on)
Came with a nice black carrying case, adapter is very tiny so no hassles carrying it along, unlike the bricks we get with the larger laptops
using it with Windows Xp currently but will try it with linux also soon
cost to me was 23500/-
IMHO well worth what i paid for it, a lot sleeker and nicer looking than the 1000he
i bought it primarily to use with MSoffice, browsing , music, movies and the card reader built in
Works great
p.s. had also checked out the dell Mini which dell was not offering any customisation for at all
so rather than buy somethign where the ram of 1gb is soldered in and only a three cell battery i opted for this and am happy i made the right decision
regards

Dev

archat68 said:
Can anybody post regarding the availability of MSI and Gateway netbooks?
Gateway is available at Croma Juhu and Croma Malad their net-book range starts from Gateway® LT3004l = Rs.28000. After getting an employee discount the price came to 26K but even this is overpriced for a netbook.
I couldn't find MSI net-books anywhere, if I find them I'll update this thread.

MSI netbooks are available with Sam-vik Marketing. Thats where I got mine from. These guys have a shop in Lamington.

I dont have the number. (Idiots didnt mention on Bill)

But here is Mr Amit Gupta's number. Hes is like some manager types of MSI in Mumbai.

The Gateway one you mentioned is a 12inch one - but then too its costly.

I had sent an email to Tirupati - MSI distributor regarding the netbook availability - but no response.

@Nitant,

which model did you purchase? What price?

Here is the no. of Samvik mktg. (got from net):

Samvik Marketing

TARA TEMPLE LANE LAMINGTON ROAD, MUMBAI 400007, MAHARASHTRA

Tel No. 23857620/23887620 / 9820416686

I just recently got an Samsung NC10 for my wife, it just continues to amaze me considering that i was initially planning to get a ASUS 1000HE. What tipped the scale was not the price but the after sales, which my dealer told me is better compared to ASUS which has just about one service center at least here in b'lore to take care its customers and is slow

Infact my budget was 25k , but considering that the NC costed me only 21k am gonna put in the rest to get a usb powered external DVD Writer :)

Back