Budget 15-20K Recommend me a mobile under Rs. 20,000 ? How is Moto X play

microphone

Recruit
I'm basically looking for some thing which is good for gaming (GTA and such type), camera and a good battery life

Iv'e heard very good things about Moto X play and Sony Xperia M4 aqua

Since I'll be buying a phone during Diwali what are the chances of getting a better mobile under 20,000 due to discount and stuff and what are those phone

I don't want an extremely big phone as my hands are a bit small

Also since Moto X play has a curved back what difference does it make ?

I don't know how to word it properly but how much does the year of release matter

One of the reasons I'm interested in the moto x play is cause it was released just recently and it's base is the latest android

Ive also read about it being pure android what does that mean

Have you read the reviews? The Moto X Play is getting rave reviews everywhere. The biggest plus point of the phone is its long battery life and a dual-sim. Camera is decent-good in my opinion, though not great. For my personal usage, the Moto X Play is the best phone yet.
Festive offers will be known only when they come. The offer which is most likely would be some % off of some banks like "get 10% with sbi creditcards". Other than that don't expect much unless its a big billion sale.
The M4 Aqua also has some pretty good reviews but battery life is much lower than the Moto X Play and speaker placed on the bottom of the phone something which i dont like. Also users complaining of bugs on the phone.

Last edited:
I've used Moto X play
It's a good mobile for the price point. On routine tasks no hanging or freezing anywhere. It does struggle @ graphics intense games occasionally. Nothing a deal breaker.

Motorola implementation of dual sim functionality is simply awesome. You get color coding for each sim related activities, preferred sim for the contact is selected automatically which is a great feature to have. I sorely miss this automatic sim selection on my OP2 running oxygen. If dual sim functionality is very important this is the best option.

Camera isn't very good, average performance. But ok for the price point. Look for other options if camera performance is a priority.

Battery life is good, not as advertised though, pulls through a 24hrs with 4.5hrs SOT easily.

The design is pretty good, easy to handle, no overheating issues etc.

Overall recommended from my side. There are some compromises due to price limitations but nothing glaringly deal breaker. It's a very practical, niche product from Motorola and I don't see any reason for its failure.

I've used Moto X play
It's a good mobile for the price point. On routine tasks no hanging or freezing anywhere. It does struggle @ graphics intense games occasionally. Nothing a deal breaker.

Motorola implementation of dual sim functionality is simply awesome. You get color coding for each sim related activities, preferred sim for the contact is selected automatically which is a great feature to have. I sorely miss this automatic sim selection on my OP2 running oxygen. If dual sim functionality is very important this is the best option.

Camera isn't very good, average performance. But ok for the price point. Look for other options if camera performance is a priority.

Battery life is good, not as advertised though, pulls through a 24hrs with 4.5hrs SOT easily.

The design is pretty good, easy to handle, no overheating issues etc.

Overall recommended from my side. There are some compromises due to price limitations but nothing glaringly deal breaker. It's a very practical, niche product from Motorola and I don't see any reason for its failure.

Why isn't the camera good ? I thought that a 21MP camera would be great

Have you read the reviews? The Moto X Play is getting rave reviews everywhere. The biggest plus point of the phone is its long battery life and a dual-sim. Camera is decent-good in my opinion, though not great. For my personal usage, the Moto X Play is the best phone yet.
Festive offers will be known only when they come. The offer which is most likely would be some % off of some banks like "get 10% with sbi creditcards". Other than that don't expect much unless its a big billion sale.
The M4 Aqua also has some pretty good reviews but battery life is much lower than the Moto X Play and speaker placed on the bottom of the phone something which i dont like. Also users complaining of bugs on the phone.

How is the moto X play gaming wise ?

And why isn't the camera better ? I thought that a 21 MP camera would be great

Last edited by a moderator:
Quality man, not quantity. More Megapixels dont necessarily mean better. If more does mean better than a lot of the el-cheapo Chinese phones would be having the best cameras in the market.
I'm a noob in the tech thing so what determines the quality I used to think that's the megapixels that define the quality

I'm a noob in the tech thing so what determines the quality I used to think that's the megapixels that define the quality
Rest assured, you're in the right place ; This is the most Noob friendly tech forum in the whole of world wide Web!!

Megapixel count & camera quality is the most popular misconception among Smartphone buyers.

Back