Recommend me an IEM for 7-8K

buBleZ

Skilled
I was using shure E4C for past 3 years. I am not an audiophile but sure could feel the difference in quality between cheap creative/apple IEMs to high end ones.. I need to upgrade to a newer IEM which will be marginally better in terms of quality than the E4C I have now.

My preferences
1. Budget 7-8K
2. Prefer a bit of bass but not boomy.
3. Greater preference to any IEMs which are easy to wear, offers comfort and less pain over long hours of hearing

I will be importing through one of the online sites or through KMD. The above price is excluding shipping or customs.

That's a very healthy budget. If you can find a good deal on the UE TF10 you're all set. Will post here if I find something.

You may wait for the RE-Zero to launch, they are a steal for their price.

As Ritvik mentioned, a great deal on UE TripleFi 10 would be amazing.

The Sennheiser IE7 also fits in perfectly your budget.

RE-Zero limited edition would be awesome but they come with balanced plugs etc and it looks like a mess :p

A used deal on UE TF10 or something would be the best option ,only issue with the TF10 is the fit , they are big ..really big to fit in properly.

Even the Phonak's are pretty good . Also there's a new Fischer Audio IEM which you might want to check out .

Review: Fischer Audio's DBA-02 - Head-Fi.org Community

UE Triple Fi 10 without a shadow of doubt. You can get these for $150-200 + international shipping of $20-50 on ebay.com.

Even from KMD you should be able to manage one for 10-12k or so.

But now that you have come uptill 8k, either buy from ebay or pay another 2-3k for KMD.

Metalspree said:
Vi works with iphone ,pro doesnt.

credits to toxicdrift as he was the one who gave me this info.

^^ so absolutely no difference between the 2 except iphone compatibility? So I am assuming Pro can be used with any mp3 player/phone with a 3.5mm jack?

Also I am reading many user feedbacks complaining the fit and comfort which is my strong preference. Unfortunately I can't try or audition it in India. Is there any way to find out if it would be a good fit.. Any users in TE can comment abt the fir and comfort?

I am reviewing the other options posted here for this reason.

rite said:
UE Triple Fi 10 without a shadow of doubt. You can get these for $150-200 + international shipping of $20-50 on ebay.com.

Even from KMD you should be able to manage one for 10-12k or so.

But now that you have come uptill 8k, either buy from ebay or pay another 2-3k for KMD.

I see only used ones for ~200$. new ones are north of 250$. Not sure if i can go for the used ones eventhough they are mentioned mint.

Yeah no difference apart from the iphone compatibility, the Vi has a mic while the other doesn't. I think at one stage the Vi had a straight connector and the normal had a right angled one, think they're both straight now. Both of them can be used on any player, I've got the Vi and use it with my Cowon. I think toxicdrift has the vi and the normal version on sale, one of them has been sold already I think.

Never had a problem as far as comfort and fit are concerned. They're big and stick out of your ears so you can't lie on your side with them on. Apart from that I found them more comfortable than the IE7 which I used to have, the seal with the TF10 is far better.

Ritvik said:
Never had a problem as far as comfort and fit are concerned. They're big and stick out of your ears so you can't lie on your side with them on.

So can't use them while lying down in trains, bus etc?

How is the noise isolation quality?

Only if you're on your side as they protrude a fair bit from the end of your ears. If you're on your stomach or back you're fine. Isolation is good, especially when you use the bundled comply foams. They fill up any extra space and are far more comfortable than the silicone tips.

The picture in the middle might give you a better idea.

Isolation is pretty good on the TripleFi's. They are quite huge and will take a little while to get used to it. But I personally didn't have much of a problem with the fit when I tried it out the other day. BF1983 on the other hand had a hard time fitting them in his ears. I think you might have problems if you generally use small tips. For medium/large tips, it should be ok.

Can't really comment on the comfort part because I didn't use it for long.

^ Exactly ! People using the small / very small ear tips might have issues. The one's used to medium / bi-flange shouldn't have much problems .

Yes the TF10 were nice but I just couldn't fit them inside my ears for more than a few seconds. But in the TF10s defence by ears are smaller than most peoples. :)

They should have sufficient bass and detail to satisfy most discerning users.

BF1983 said:
Yes the TF10 were nice but I just couldn't fit them inside my ears for more than a few seconds. But in the TF10s defence by ears are smaller than most peoples. :)

They should have sufficient bass and detail to satisfy most discerning users.
May be this request is weird.. I am not confident in judging whether I am a user who uses small ear tips. Can you please post a pic of ur ear with some dimensions if possible ? or that wont help?

Err, a picture wont really work too well. A good way to judge if your ears are small or not is by the tips you use on your E4C. I used small tips all my life as the medium tips were too big for me. If you get a good fit with medium tips on your E4C then your ear size is normal.

Back