Recommendations for fans.

kiranmsthampi

Market Restricted
Disciple
I'm looking for some ARGB fans for my pc. 3 pc pack mostly. Something that looks nice but at the same time should be quite and efficient too. Have seen so many reviews and stuff yet still confused. I had really good experience with the Arctic p12s. Any other brand recommendations from personal experience?

I'm looking for some ARGB fans for my pc. 3 pc pack mostly. Something that looks nice but at the same time should be quite and efficient too. Have seen so many reviews and stuff yet still confused. I had really good experience with the Arctic p12s. Any other brand recommendations from personal experience?
Have used multiple RGB fans before getting tired of RGB. Still have a 3 pack of CF120s lying unused.

Few good ones are Cooler Master Sickleflow ARGB/MF120, Arctic P12 ARGB, Lian Li ST120, Phanteks SK120 and Deepcool CF120/FC120. There are ones from Corsair, Thermaltake and NZXT, but are overpriced.

Out of all these, the Arctics perform the best and are the quietest among the bunch. But they have a slight issue where they hum at certain rpms (this happens with many fans, but it's quite loud on the Arctics). This can be worked around by creating an appropriate fan curve.

The CM Sickleflow performs really well but is noisy above 50-60%. Also these vibrate if not mounted securely. Their MF120 doesn't perform as good and is mainly about the looks. Note that there are multiple variants of the MF120 like the regular, S2/S3 and Prismatic.

Phanteks ones are quite good. But they suffer from the same problem as the Sickleflows IMO.

Deepcool CF120/CF120 plus are excellent as case intakes. Same problem as Sickleflows, noisy above 60%. Their FC120 looks promising, but haven't used them.

Note that the comments on noise are purely based on my experience. It depends on your tolerance to fan noise.

Here is my 2 cents,Arctic p12 have cfm of 56 and are great however have a look at these underrated gems,these fans from deepcool offer same 56 cfm and are also have rgb and pwm support.

These Deepcool ones aren't ARGB. They have only 3 preset colours.

The CF120/CF120+ are true ARGB.
Hence the modest price.

Attachments

• 859D0FD3-F3D9-45A5-A377-0186632C7292.jpeg
    859D0FD3-F3D9-45A5-A377-0186632C7292.jpeg
    135.2 KB · Views: 68
Here is my 2 cents,Arctic p12 have cfm of 56 and are great however have a look at these underrated gems,these fans from deepcool offer same 56 cfm and are also have rgb and pwm support.
These Deepcool ones aren't ARGB. They have only 3 preset colours.

The CF120/CF120+ are true ARGB.

Hence the modest price.
yeah, the pictures are kinda misleading. They have mentioned that its 3 colors in description

yeah, the pictures are kinda misleading. They have mentioned that its 3 colors in description
If you don’t mind spending ₹3200,than might i suggest
these offer rather exceptional 69 cfm and offer ARGB support .

If you don’t mind spending ₹3200,than might i suggest
these offer rather exceptional 69 cfm and offer ARGB support .
i was looking into some lian li fans. Planning to get their newest 216 cabinet. I guess they will pair well. But isn't 3k like standard for most 3 pack fans?

Cutting in between (might be useful to others as well) any argb/rgb fan options having both ring and normal glow options?

i was looking into some lian li fans. Planning to get their newest 216 cabinet. I guess they will pair well. But isn't 3k like standard for most 3 pack fans?
Not necessarily, this i believe is their cheapest offering, there are gamdias, montechs and ant esports who offer 3 or event 4 fans in some cases for around ₹2500, I think.

Cutting in between (might be useful to others as well) any argb/rgb fan options having both ring and normal glow options?
I think Thermaltake have some options if you can find them. But even if you do pricing might be crazy

Not necessarily, this i believe is their cheapest offering, there are gamdias, montechs and ant esports who offer 3 or event 4 fans in some cases for around ₹2500, I think.
Yeah, have seen those. But most fans from reputed brands are around 3.5k. AT least from what I have seen. Kinda set my budget around 3.5 coz of that

I think Thermaltake have some options if you can find them. But even if you do pricing might be crazy

Yeah, have seen those. But most fans from reputed brands are around 3.5k. AT least from what I have seen. Kinda set my budget around 3.5 coz of that
So have you zeroed in on one.

Have you tried checking

I have CM Sickleflow fans in my PC. Bought almost 1.5 years ago, these are rgb ones. They perform fantastic and noise is not that loud or irritating.

So have you zeroed in on one.
Sickleflow or Lian li. That's the ones shortlisted.

I know there are cheaper options but noise is a big concern for me. I spend most of my time in front of my PC my night and the fan sound can get really annoying.

I have CM Sickleflow fans in my PC. Bought almost 1.5 years ago, these are rgb ones. They perform fantastic and noise is not that loud or irritating.
What speed do you run them at?

The ones I got with my NR200P vibrate (possibly due to the mounting) and are noisy above 50-60%. The difficulty with comparing noise is that everyone has a different tolerance.

For example, the NF-A12x25 chromaxes I'm using irritate me with a whine above 1200rpm. I find the P12s more pleasing barring the humming.

Sickleflow or Lian li. That's the ones shortlisted.

I know there are cheaper options but noise is a big concern for me. I spend most of my time in front of my PC my night and the fan sound can get really annoying.
What speeds are you planning to run them at?

For ARGB fans the Arctics are the best noise wise, but they suffer from humming at certain RPMs which I got around by tuning the fan curve. For some idea of fan noise, check out the eiglow_ YouTube channel.

Last edited:
For ARGB fans the Arctics are the best noise wise, but they suffer from humming at certain RPMs which I got around by tuning the fan curve.

I too am planning to buy argb fans, even though arctic fans have great reviews, the argb and styling felt very mediocre looking.

I too am planning to buy argb fans, even though arctic fans have great reviews, the argb and styling felt very mediocre looking.
That's true. The P12 ARGBs are not too blingy and are understated.

If ARGB was required, I would say that the average tolerable fan speed (for me) is around 1000-1200rpm except the Arctics. I wish be quiet! launched their products here, I was really interested in trying out the Light Wings (might get them with a relative though).

That's true. The P12 ARGBs are not too blingy and are understated.

If ARGB is required, I would say that the average tolerable fan speed (for me) is around 1000-1200rpm except the Arctics. I wish be quiet! launched their products here, I was really interested in trying out the Light Wings (might get them with a relative though).
I feel be quiet is overhyped for their performance for reducing noise. They were available in India few years ago, but costly. Noctua is real chad, but still costly even without any bling.

In my experience antec and deepcool gave best fans for cheaper price, but antec stopped rgb fans and deepcool rgb imteplementation is crap.

Back