Recommended Antivirus

As they are the most essential application, decided to find out the toppest among the te members..

and i dint find such polls or comparison in any threads so startign afresh..

please poll and post which av u r using, which will u recommend for me, in terms of size, efficiency and freeware/shareware..

(my nav going to xpire soon :ashamed: so lookin out for another..)

I have voted for NAV. But then I have used only NAV throughout my life(not out of choice). But if there is anything better, I want to know abt it...

I would actually recommend "none", but if a must, better use something like Antivir PE, its fast, light, free and does the job very well indeed :) It doesn't have a pretty interface (use avast if you need that), but nice names like "Luke Filewalker" for the on demand scanner give it a nice touch, if you don't like its otherwise no-nonsense interface.

For the past couple of months I've been using NOD32.Fast & light on resources.Though I've read it has a decent detection rate.But I've been fairly satisfied with it.
Its not freeware though,trialware for 30 days.

I'll recommend AVG or Avast . I'm using Avast for an year runs fine ,not resource hungry ,good n fast updates and its free :cool2:

kaspersky hands down
last year of antivirus bencharks have shown extendia and kaspersky leading the way.
Kaspersky is not resource hungry and still the best in detection..
(although we have new season of antivirus soft coming.. and kaspersky 6 beta looks ultra cool)

SuperNova posted 0.82 minutes later:

but yes its not free.. so if thats a consideration then avg is better

KAspersky is the clear cut winner. I just unistalled it because it would give me error when connecting via my USR modem while my cablenet would work fine. Right now I am using NOD32 which is Light on resources and quick when scanning.

Kaspersky.... i have been using it for more than 6 months now.... works like a charm, excellent detection. I used Norton earlier, was total crap, resource hogging..n it wont work when u need it the most...lol.

Using Avast, pretty happy with it. Its Free, works well and has a reasonably decent detection rate. Tried to get my hands on Antivir PE but the site seemed to be down, so skipped it. NOD32 worked pretty well again, but I heard it had compatibility issues (especially with a P2P app called Soulseek) so I had to reluctantly let it go.

Though Kaspersky may undoubtedly be the best, I find it a bit too resource heavy - plus its not free.

I dont really need 100% accurate detection, half the time I dont even use an Anti-virus - like Ujjwal says sometimes no anti-virus is just fine. So a decent one just for fail-safe works fine for me :)

Not considering Antivir PE? :D

Among the two I would say Avast is the better option, AVG's detection rates are falling, if you believe the virus.gr reviews. Avast & Antivir PE are side by side, avast has more features, antivir is faster, you decide :D

i am using kaspersky.

if the need is of freeware then avg is my choice. i had tried avast on recommendations but did not like the interface.

Back