Recommended Antivirus

From the poll results, I see that AVG and Kaspersky are tied but I am using the AVG Free edition for over a year now and not even a sinlge infection during that period. It is a little resource hungry though, as of now it is using nearly 36MB of my RAM.

jai said:
From the poll results, I see that AVG and Kaspersky are tied but I am using the AVG Free edition for over a year now and not even a sinlge infection during that period. It is a little resource hungry though, as of now it is using nearly 36MB of my RAM.
have you ever thought that may be because avg isnt detecting it? i keep both avg and kapersky on my comp...and once in every 10 runs only avg detects something that kapersky does.

AVG 7, I have been using AVG since it was 5, almost 4 years back and I have been hit by a virus only once, which I eventually weeded out.

AVG RULES - For its freeware, quick updates, almost daily and just about 50-60 kb, great for dialup users. Good detection rate and nice e-mail scanner for Outlook (though I don't use it ;) )

stormblast said:
i use nod32

how can u not put nod in the poll. it owns

Was using Nod 32 earlier but then it failed to detect some old trojans which Norton detected on my pc. Switched to Kaspersky after taht.

I use Kaspersky on my main computer and on my second one I have AVG running. I like AVG - speacially for its FREE price - but recently it found a virus on a couple of files and it just deleted the files without giving me a chance to say "NO". THAT was definitely NOT NICE. I needed those files but AVG refuses to have them on the HDD. These same files are passed by Kaspersky as virus free.

I think Mccafe is the Best Antivirus I had used it is light weight and very easy to use it bundels with spam killer, antivirus, privacy reporter, and powerfull firewall :hap2:

Avast is best from my experience. Fast updates, less resource hungry and decent scanning speed. Also looks great with skins. Home edition is free also....

Back