Audio Recommended speakers for music listening - budget 10k

TheBroker

Skilled
Hi,
I'm looking to buy a new speaker set to primarily listen to music and also attach it to the TV for the ocassional movie. I mainly listen to trance, rock & hindi songs and occasionally some lounge/jazz/remixes.

I Want to know which speaker system or Home Theater would be best for my needs. I more interested in the quality over the output. the speakers will be placed in my room, which is about 12 * 20 feet. It will be used 90% of the time for music

I've been over the threads here and I'm totally confused whether to buy a 2.0 or 2.1 and I don't really understand the difference between active & passive speakers. I'm looking for good quality sound. Currently using a 7 year old Altec Lansing ATP 3 and I'm satisfied with the output but I need an upgrade in terms of sound

Thanks.

if you could save up some money and extend your budget till 14k, you will have a very good option of having Klipsch Pro Media 2.1. another is Swan (dont remember the model no.). check with @Black_Hawk about the former.

Circle Arko 80W/100W, as suggested above, are also good. but the Klipsch Pro Media are quite better i feel, having listened to both.

Circle Arko's are increasingly difficult to buy as they are hardly stocked anywhere anymore. You could go for Edifier but since I haven't heard them I would reseve my judgement.

I personally own the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1's which are connected to my music only PC and can vouch every bit for them. They are quite an extraordinary set of speakers IMHO at the sub 13k mark. The amount of details, warmth and bass they produce is brilliant for music. Infact when I played some of the my favorite tracks from Yanni on these I was amazed at the sheer clarity and depth the satellites on the Klipsch PM's shell out. Not once have I grimaced at the clarity being drowned by overpowering bass. They produce extreme crisp, clear sound. Much loved.

I tried out the HK SS. Wasn't really enthused by them. They Look good though. I wanna know which is better for music - audioengine a2 or klipsch ? I plan to push the budget upto 15k

yes! the M-Audio AV40! much acclaimed speakers these! while contemplating getting Edirol (Roland) MA-15D for a 2.0 set-up long back, had considered those and i think Behringer MS30/MS40 as well initially.

I have circle 80W(got it at a bargain price), but unfortunately I don't like it much. Issue is mainly with highs. They are very piercing and it is painful to hear after some time. Of course, we can reduce highs alone, but it changes song(a bit lifeless). And bass is also a bit overpowering for my tastes. So, consider a demo(preferably at a quite place -- hard to do this I know), before getting this.

Back