Laptops Recovery CDs to 1 DVD

anish_sha

Skilled
Hi guys, my laptop comes with 4 recovery cds,it has a dvd r/w drive, while i recover i find it annoying to insert the disks one by one, can i make a 1 Dvd instead of it , also the recovery disks WinXP comes with out any service packs, also i want to integrate it to it. . Is it possible guys?

integration of service pack is possible, google the term SLIPSTREAM , u will find the software for it , or was it NLITE .

anish_sha said:
Hi guys, my laptop comes with 4 recovery cds,it has a dvd r/w drive, while i recover i find it annoying to insert the disks one by one, can i make a 1 Dvd instead of it , also the recovery disks WinXP comes with out any service packs, also i want to integrate it to it. . Is it possible guys?
I dont think that will be possible since the recovery disks are laptop manufacturer specific..which i guess are copy protected (correct me if i am wrong)....so even slipstreaming it would be difficult....

since they are proprietary items so they only have the right to upadate the software

i guess u can call them up and ask for a recovery DVD...they do have both DVDs as well as CDs..that i know for sure..

me not so techie so dnt know if nething can be done..

others please suggest if they know nethin else...

Back