Recurring issues with Airtel Broadband

The problem is, the average user is not affected by this (usually). I consider the likes of TE members to be a small section which ISPs might be happy to loose. Thats unfortunate, but true. Had read about this aspect in a old article regarding Comcast's policy changes in US. We are a section of the population who are aware of whats happening and how constrained certain policies are. But have a look at 100 users of a ISP and count how many have this issue. It will be a small number.

I feel for you bro..but did you check your dl/ul logs on the airtel site? Log into the airtel site and check how much you've actually downloaded...If it really is 15GB and they have reduced your speed, raise hell with the CC and ask them to put you through to their retention department. Threaten them that you are going to be leaving Airtel if your issue is not resolved.

I don't know if they have different CC's for North and South India, but here in Bangalore Airtel is probably the most professional of the ISP providers available here..Me and quite a few of my friends and relatives have Airtel BB and all our complaints, if any, are usually resolved on the same/next day.

G33kgod said:
i also have same story to share !! i waz gettin 120kbs on my DLs when recently my speed tumbled down to 60kbs :'( !!!!!! nw its really irritating after experiencing the luxury of 1mbps .... sigh
Imagine me going from 120 to 30... ... double sigh!!!

Age doesn't have anything to do with his reaction. Only addiction to TF2.

bang on

ALRIGHT GUYS:-

UPDATE;; Guess what, by some magic, my speed has gone up to 60KBPS aka 512Kbps again, I was downloading a 100MB file from Rapidshare, initially I got 25-30KBPS for about 30% of the download, but after that I got tired of waiting, went to have lunch. Came back, saw the speeds going at 60KBPS.

WHat's going on??? I'm utterly confused!!! One day they say that FUP is plying and speeds get halved(speedtest confrmed, darn shud hav taken a screenie), but today it's back to normal??? And it's not even anyday close to the end of the month's billing period(which is 26th FYI)..

LOL, I just don't know what to do!

i never had any speed problems with Airtel. Always get 1mbps even after crossing the 100GB FUP.
The only time i faced an issue was when my DSL connection started flapping and finally went dead.
Complained to CC and they said that the issue would be resolved within 48hrs. 72hrs went by and nothing happened. Called the Nodal office and the issue got resolved in 2hrs.
So if you want to screw Airtel just call Nodal Office or ask CC for diconnection request.

Re: TIRED of being FU*KED by AIRTEL AGAIN and AGAIN...... WHAT TO DO??

iyengar said:
BSNL Unlimited is much better..

eBRo

I am using it and the Speed sucks. The speed is very slow during the night and frequently keeps disconnecting.

Wanted to give Airtel Broadband a chance to get into my house.......This is what I got.

The sales guy calls me and after the proverbial $hit he tells that 899/= plan has only 8 GBs download after that speed is capped to 256kbps from 512 kbps.

Now just imagining paying 899 + taxes for 256 kbps unlimited connection.

Down-loaders must agree that @ 512 8GB is a matter of days. Now @ 256 you might as not have the connection.

1099 plan 2Mbps downloads but only 20 Gbs. After that again 256 kbps not even 512kbps /1 Mbps.

Airtel FUP $uck$ bigtime.

Airtel has lost it. It says it has implemented 'F....'UP to enable equality of bandwidth to all as some always download more than other. WTF !!!

Sadly I dont have reliance broadband in my area. Its 600kbps day/1 Mbps night @ 749 rocks bigtime.

So as of now we only have Reliance, MTNL and BSNL without FUP $shit.

AIRTEL is dead man. BIGTIME. They are a bunch of lame losers.

^ Ditch them and move on... :)

They aren't planning to revise the ridiculous data caps, anytime soon.

Only when they lose a significant % of customers, will they rethink their FUP policy.

I keep thinking will we ever be able to enjoy Utube/live content streaming on a basic connection at all ? or till the time the mojo for it in this generation lasts..?

Maybe a One day boycott of Airtel Services will screw the nuts on airtel properly. Wonder why no other ISP is taking this opportunity ?

Airtel says it has implemented 'F....'UP to enable equality of bandwidth to all as some always download more than other. WTF !!!

Well i would surely like to ask who ever's brainchild this FU limit is.. WHO IS ACTUALLY DOWNLOADING ON AIRTEL NOW ??

Maybe a One day boycott of Airtel Services will screw the nuts on airtel properly. Wonder why no other ISP is taking this opportunity ?

The problem w.r.t Airtel is:

1. They still have a pretty good customer base, with a significant % of customers who are unaware of the FUP and the premium they pay, comparatively.

2. Switching to a new ISP can be a pain for some, so they decide to put up with Airtel's antics.

3. A good portion of the Airtel BB customer base, are those who have migrated from a different ISP. With their CS and quality of service offered as such, some people find it hard to switch over again.

In conclusion, it may be a while until they start to feel the pinch. :|

What you said @thetoxicmind is very true......... they are banking on this but I feel Airtel in the long run will lose a lot of customers, I used to promote airtel big time to my friends & relatives but its the exact opposite these days.

I had a airtel connection but now I have moved to a different ISP going from 2 Mbps to 256 is just plain nuts......... Airtel has simply gone insane.

Same here, been using Airtel BB right from the start when it was launched as TouchTel BB and haven't been able to convince myself to switch elsewhere due to their uptimes and few other things

Back