Rediff charging 60k for the iphone

Its not rediff thats charging 60k... its the seller. You can register on rediff an sell anything at whatever price you want.... sort of like ebay...

NOthing new... Rediff has always have had this tenacity of siphoning off money from novice users ..

Duped a buddy of mine for abt 8k for an ipod like music player which showed the pic of a nano and turned out to be an absolute piece of crap..
ofcource they had crammed in a corner the all important line that the shown product mite differ.. and differed it did ..!!

Be it the forums/comment section of rediff or be it their 'Shopping' section..
both are worthless..

God save poor ppl from being cheated by these hogs..

There were reports earlier of ppl doing the same in the US, buy a few as soon as it came out in hopes of making a fast buck. Course Apple's decision to just use AT&T as sole provider kinda dented that plan. Ppl realised it was not the fast buck they hoped for and had to settle for a smaller margin.

Spacescreamer said:
Duped a buddy of mine for abt 8k for an ipod like music player which showed the pic of a nano and turned out to be an absolute piece of crap..
ofcource they had crammed in a corner the all important line that the shown product mite differ.. and differed it did ..!!

wow your friend got duped indeed!

Sans the Clueless Apple fanboys who see Apple as second coming of christ. I don't see why anyone will buy the iPhone; Unless the only reason one is buying a cellphone, is to show it off. otherwise, Apple iPhone's practical features and usage are crippled at best. Nokia N Series is anyday better than iPhone.

superczar said:
ridiculous pricing...btw evox, how is the iphone crippled in comparison of a Nokia N series?

Apple iPhone:

Screen: 320 x 480 pixels, 3.5 inches

Ringtones: Mp3, Polyphonic

Connectivity: WiFi 802.11b/g

Camera: 2MP 1600x1200px

Memory: 4,8 GB Shared

135gm

Rs.60,000/-

Nokia N95:

Screen: 240 x 320 pixels

Ringtones: Mp3, Polyphonic, True tones

Connectivity: WiFi 802.11b/g, UPnP, Infrared

Camera: 5MP Carl Zeiss 2592 x 1944px Carl Zeiss

Memory: 160MB Internal, microSD Hot swap

- Built-in GPS navigation

- Installed Maps application covering over 100 countries

- Dual slide design

- Java MIDP 2.0

- MP3/AAC/AAC+/eAAC+/WMA player

- 3.5 mm audio output jack

- TV out

- Stereo FM Radio

- Organiser

- Office document viewer

- T9

- Push to talk

- Voice dial/memo

- Built-in handsfree

120gms

Rs.43,000/- approx

wud totally agree with evox...i know czar has just bought a iphone and would like to defend it to justify the purchase but no way can a iphone compete with N95 and the price for N95 is Rs. 29000 with bill and warranty(ofcourse even an iphone cost almost half of whatever the price is listed above). Its camera and video recording capabilities are just unbeatable with anything that has been officially released in India, and if only we could use its inbuild GPS navigation.

wud totally agree with evox...i know czar has just bought a iphone and would like to defend it to justify the purchase but no way can a iphone compete with N95 and the price for N95 is Rs. 29000 with bill and warranty(ofcourse even an iphone cost almost half of whatever the price is listed above). Its camera and video recording capabilities are just unbeatable with anything that has been officially released in India, and if only we could use its inbuild GPS navigation.

I currently have a N73 ME so i don't have to justify anything ;) ...and since i just picked the iphone, i'll wait a couple of days before passing any judgement...

oh BTW the iphone is priced lower than the N95

the interface of the iphone deals the knockout punch and has had ppl swooning over... thats why many prospective buyers are getting the phone and they dont mind the missing features ...

iPhone is style over functionality and the N95 is the other way round...so really its a matter of the user's priority that matters.

For me Symbian FTW!

I'll post a review over the weekend, but here is the deal..iphone does support 3rd party apps ;) (google for ibrickr) and is amazingly functional ..also much more snappier than symbian

Spacescreamer said:
the interface of the iphone deals the knockout punch and has had ppl swooning over... thats why many prospective buyers are getting the phone and they dont mind the missing features ...

I heard HTC Touch has a similar interface too... so if its just the interface, why not go for Touch which is about 19K?

iPhone is a decent phone, but its worth buying only if it sells for about the same price as a P990i or something similar. Anything above 20k is not worth it.

Back