Reliance 3G : Disappointing experience

mk76

Adept
Truly disappointing is what I would say.

Month and a half ago, my sister, who had a 5Gb/ Rs750 Reliance 3G connection, started facing a peculiar issue.
1) Skype video calls stopped working
2) Teamviewer could not go through
3) Browsing was slow and
4) downloading too became an issue.

When I did a checked at speedtest.net I found download speed = 2.5 Mbps but UL around 0.02 Mbps. Such pathetic upload speed explained non working Skype video and remote desktop connections.
However it looked as if slow upload had an impact on the downloads as well which fluctuated from 4 - 35KBps.

I tried the 3G connection at
1) Same location multiple devices (PC / laptop / smartphone) - Same results - 2.5 Mbps / 0.02 Mbps.
2) Different location (Same laptop / smartphone ) - 3.5 Mbps / .5 Mbps

But this issue she has been facing for almost 45 days now. And assurances from network department / retention department and many others have not yielded any results.

Excerpts from my interactions with them :
After couple of days of to and fro with network team I had following interaction with Customer support
CSR : Connect, how many signal bars... blah blah blah
Me : You can trust me with the basic troubleshooting. I have carried all the steps. In fact I shared additional info like, latency, multi-site/device observations etc..
CSR : Sorry we have shared all basic troubleshooting tips. Nothing else to do ..
Me : :scared14: So.. What should I do...

Retention department (after I raised disconnection request)
CSR : Let me give you an offer. We can put your no on Zero rental plan. (Just FYI.. that plan becomes very costly as soon as your usage crosses 500MB)
Me : What the hell I do with a connection that doesn't work
CSR : But its Zero rental
Me ::annoyed: You go buy a new TV. Bust it in a month. Then let it remain as it is. Walla.. you save electricity bill forever ... you moron

Me : I should get a waiver. It has been half a month and I am not able to use the connection
CSR : You do not qualify. Because you are not yet 6 months old customer.
Me : Speechless ...

Have raised another disconnection request. It takes 15 days to complete.. So that they can charge me for 15 more days of No-Frills (read as No-service) connection.

Thank you Reliance. Impressive.

Truly disappointing is what I would say.

Month and a half ago, my sister, who had a 5Gb/ Rs750 Reliance 3G connection, started facing a peculiar issue.
1) Skype video calls stopped working
2) Teamviewer could not go through
3) Browsing was slow and
4) downloading too became an issue.

When I did a checked at speedtest.net I found download speed = 2.5 Mbps but UL around 0.02 Mbps. Such pathetic upload speed explained non working Skype video and remote desktop connections.
However it looked as if slow upload had an impact on the downloads as well which fluctuated from 4 - 35KBps.

I tried the 3G connection at
1) Same location multiple devices (PC / laptop / smartphone) - Same results - 2.5 Mbps / 0.02 Mbps.
2) Different location (Same laptop / smartphone ) - 3.5 Mbps / .5 Mbps

But this issue she has been facing for almost 45 days now. And assurances from network department / retention department and many others have not yielded any results.

Excerpts from my interactions with them :

Have raised another disconnection request. It takes 15 days to complete.. So that they can charge me for 15 more days of No-Frills (read as No-service) connection.

Thank you Reliance. Impressive.

Dear Customer,

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. This is to inform you that your concern has been noted. Please provide us your contact details such as Full name, Subscriber ID, and the type of Inconvenience you are facing, so that we are able reach you. Our team is eager to help you.

Cheers,

RCOMcare

IdeaCellular why you should care Customers form Reliance :p

Dear Customer,

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. This is to inform you that your concern has been noted. Please provide us your contact details such as Full name, Subscriber ID, and the type of Inconvenience you are facing, so that we are able reach you. Our team is eager to help you.

Cheers,

RCOMcare

Use the customercare email address to address your query. This way a ticket number will be allocated and queries can be tracked more easily.

Dear Customer,

Cheers,

RCOMcare

Your user name says IdeaCellular and you have posted with a RCoM signature? Earlier you had posted in a thread concerning issue related to Idea 3G. Which company rep are you?
Please dont ask members to PM you the data. Instead give them the official email id through which they can raise a complaint through official channels.

Dear Customer,

Cheers,

RCOMcare

hey ideacellular , can you also fix my xbox ? its broken :p

Back