Reliance blocking sites!!

As mentioned by Tron05, just change your DNS to either OpenDNS or Google DNS and everything should work just fine. It seems that Reliance is facing some issues with their DNS servers and that is why some of the sites are not opening. Their customer care executives have confirmed that they have NOT blocked/planning to block any websites.

nope they are definitely blocking rapidshare. i tried with both opendns and google dns and it still doesn't work. it's rather convenient for them to be having 'problems' on sites that allow downloads of the nature they do.

i am on reliance bb and i am able to open rapidshare.
go to ur TCP/IP configuration and use this as ur DNS server
Preferred DNS: 8.8.8.8
Alternate DNS : 8.8.4.4

You are all set.

well google dns isn't working for me. just checked and opening the site with the ip address 195.122.131.21 works for now.

edit - ok flushing the dns cache helped. the site is opening now with google dns. i still think they are blocking it intentionally though through their own dns servers. if so, they will eventually realize that blocking it in the dns resolver is not the way to do it, and they will go further to block it out completely.

Back