reliance internet?

Safin

Skilled
was planning to shift to ril mobile.(am sick of the charges on the normal gsm ... and i just get incoming mostly so am shifting)

Want to know how good or bad is this ril scheme.. 1500Rs unlimited downloads?

even if it gives 10kbytes per second would be fine... But does it give? I hear you end up with 30 40Kbps(bits) and the phone gets hot as hell in an hour...

any experience with that and is it worth buying?
Btw tht bsnl bb.. is that cap in place for downalods and if not new registrations get unlimited too or not?

Earlier I used to get 8-10 KBps when it was launched.Now its the same as those old dial-ups we had in 2000,a page takes forever to load.
Tata Indicom is better but sometimes it is also very slow.However during nights you do get 8-10kBps constant.
BTW,what are Exatt Delhi rates?I am paying 1100(1000+tax) for 128k unlimited.Speeds are between 14.5-16.5kBps(avg. 15.2kBps using DAP).

Now its not unltd. even for people registered earlier,they are implementing the limits now AFAIK atleast in some areas.
And they never really did arrive in my area nor do I think they ever will.Now I'll try to get Exatt lower their rates here soon.Presently they are charging us way above the rates they mention on their site.(1k for 128k unltd. on site its for 475)

undertaker said:
Now I'll try to get Exatt lower their rates here soon.Presently they are charging us way above the rates they mention on their site.(1k for 128k unltd. on site its for 475)

Maybe your cable operator is eating 1k - 475 Rs.

Ive to pay 400 bucks for 40k while the site says its 180, i called exatt they said the rest goes to the cable operator.

ok bit more feedback.. can anyone tell me if these ril guys do port blocking?
Absolute must to know as i have to be on IRC :p

(not to mention other p2p's)

Also that phone getting hot issue? Is that a relaity and if so i hope it doesn't do any harm to phone.

I am thinking i will try it out for a month. Need a ril mobile anyway so if the plan sucks i walk out after a month. Ofcourse data cable will be useless.. was thinking of buying some "other company" cable.. any harm in that?

hmmm...
so how is your experience with it.. download speeds and all. I hear now another problem that if you don't transfer data every 15 secs then connection goes dormant and you have to wait 3-4 secs next time.. can be solved with a ping.. but anyway.. looks like a headache

There is no heating issue here. Have used both FWP and handset for long long hours. Heating prob is anyway set specific.
Downloads are around 8 and do peak to 10 sometimes.
No beep probs too, maybe i turned off the alerts for call connect and disconnect from phone settings.

Back