OC & Modding Replacement fluid for Corsair AIO

Yes but the purchase cost of that non-functional AIO plus this fluid costs more than a functional AIO so was looking to avoid it
Even then not sure if that fluid would be good for mixed metals in the long run

Here
Edit: the description says only use with nickel, brass and copper. So not useful for aluminum radiator + copper block.
My bad. I didn't notice that in your first post. If your CPU is not a 3900X or some other high core count CPU which you stress a lot I think you are better off with an air cooler at this point.

Lets say your DIY repair works for sometime and then one fine day it wipes out your PC with a leak. Do you really feel that the risk is worth the benefit of having an AIO and that too a dying one?

My bad. I didn't notice that in your first post. If your CPU is not a 3900X or some other high core count CPU which you stress a lot I think you are better off with an air cooler at this point.

Lets say your DIY repair works for sometime and then one fine day it wipes out your PC with a leak. Do you really feel that the risk is worth the benefit of having an AIO and that too a dying one?
Leak is not an issue for me as I can clearly test outside the case which I normally do. Worst case would be again air getting caught in the pump and temps rocketing, PC shutting down. Which happened to me last night.

I have played around a lot with custom loop so as I said leaks are not the cause of concern for me, I am careful in that aspect. Don't want to put my custom loop back because it is too much of a maintenance as I generally swap CPUs GPUs and motherboards often too and don't want to pay recurring amount for Corsair coolant etc so I use distilled water only.

The setup you have looks okay but the best option would be if you could put the radiator on the top. I am going off GN's videos though as I avoid AIOs.
Oh I see. The reason it's not on top is because the CPU cooler comes in the way. Well, fingers crossed then. I would have preferred an air cooled GPU myself but back in April this was the best GPU around the 20k mark I could find, and I didn't know about the detriments of AIOs back then. Would have taken a 1070Ti otherwise. Oh well, thanks for replying!

Back