Budget 21-30k Replacement for RX580

aura

Recruit
Hey all . Im using a RX580 which has been giving me hell . lots of crashes while playing , i did the DDU method and reduced the base clock speed and still face the issues after a while. Thinking of replacing it with a different card ( dont mind getting a used 3060ti as long as it is suitable for my current system ). Unless someone has a solution and i can try to make use of it. The specs of my current pc mentioned below. My budget is upto 30k , can squeeze a little if needed.
  1. Intel Core i5-9600K 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor

2. Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 120 66.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

3. Asus STRIX Z370-G GAMING Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard

4. Gigabyte GAMING Radeon RX 580 8 GB Video Card

5. Cooler Master 700W MasterWatt Lite 230V 700 W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply

6. Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 Memory

Just make sure you do not upgrade the 6700XT to latest driver version 22.11.2 as there are reports that it is causing issues. It is the most VFM card one can buy from that generation. It should work well with your current system. Search for youtube videos. There should be many who paired 9600K with 6700XT. Also, you can even consider 6600XT which costs about 23k if you do not want high fps gaming.

Don't waste money by buying new card at this time. Buy used and save the money for other use.

3060Ti with 2+ years warranty are being sold for around 22K and 6600XT with 2+ years warranty are being sold for around 16.5K in FB groups.

You might wanna clean up the GPU & replace the thermal paste (with Artix MX4) and check how it works before doing an upgrade. Its not an easy process if you're new to opening GPU's but its possible.

You can find a used RTX 3070 with decent warranty for that price right here(under 30k),don’t think there’s gonna be any serious bottle neck,if this is too much,you can get a used RTX 3060 or 3060 ti for less than 22k again from here,if it’s not available now,iam sure you will find one soon enough,if you have patience.

I'm not gonna recommend you buying any expensive card unlike others. First you need to make 100% sure that the issue you're facing is indeed an hardware issue caused by the GPU itself and not any other hardware.

IMO you should do these 3 things:
1) Switch to a known good working GPU and test. Buy/beg/borrow/steal.
2) If above still crashes then GPU is definitely not the issue, get a spare SSD and clean install windows and test with spare GPU and your current.
3) If even that fails your issue probably lies in some other hardware component (PSU/Mobo/CPU)

Just make sure you do not upgrade the 6700XT to latest driver version 22.11.2 as there are reports that it is causing issues. It is the most VFM card one can buy from that generation. It should work well with your current system. Search for youtube videos. There should be many who paired 9600K with 6700XT. Also, you can even consider 6600XT which costs about 23k if you do not want high fps gaming.
Awesome , thanks for the clarification . Will take a proper decision

Don't waste money by buying new card at this time. Buy used and save the money for other use.

3060Ti with 2+ years warranty are being sold for around 22K and 6600XT with 2+ years warranty are being sold for around 16.5K in FB groups.

You might wanna clean up the GPU & replace the thermal paste (with Artix MX4) and check how it works before doing an upgrade. Its not an easy process if you're new to opening GPU's but its possible.
Yeah since my pc isn’t new and I plan on going for a proper revamp in 2-3yrs , I better stick with some used card.
I know zoukart, any other groups on FB ?

I disassembled my 750ti and was lazy to reassemble , guess I’ll practise on it for the time being :p

You can find a used RTX 3070 with decent warranty for that price right here(under 30k),don’t think there’s gonna be any serious bottle neck,if this is too much,you can get a used RTX 3060 or 3060 ti for less than 22k again from here,if it’s not available now,iam sure you will find one soon enough,if you have patience.
My current monitor is a 1080p , so I was wondering if 3070 is kinda overkill for my setup , I don’t mind a 3070 as long as there won’t be any bottleneck and I get a good deal , I’ll keep an eye

I'm not gonna recommend you buying any expensive card unlike others. First you need to make 100% sure that the issue you're facing is indeed an hardware issue caused by the GPU itself and not any other hardware.

IMO you should do these 3 things:
1) Switch to a known good working GPU and test. Buy/beg/borrow/steal.
2) If above still crashes then GPU is definitely not the issue, get a spare SSD and clean install windows and test with spare GPU and your current.
3) If even that fails your issue probably lies in some other hardware component (PSU/Mobo/CPU)
The issue is I live in a tier 3 kinda place , so no known people with pc’s . It’s laptops everywhere . I’ll try my best to find someone with a gpu and doesn’t mind lending it.

So what happens is when I play a game , randomly screen goes blank , the pc becomes unresponsive , I can hear the game audio for a while before it goes out . I do a force reboot and then a message pops up on screen «Default Radeon WattMan settings has been restored due to unexpected system failure». While playing, discord will be running in the background and maybe a tab on Firefox.

Anyways I’ll try to follow the other steps you suggested and find the root cause before I jump to any decision.

I agree with enthusiast. It may or may not be your card. I was having issues with every card I was installing. I tried 5 cards but, benchmarks and games were freezing after a few minutes. Then I figured out that the PSU power cable was loose :banghead:. So, I tightened the PSU cable, and everything started working as it should.
A fellow forum member was also having issues with his new build. Then he figured out the issue was due to memory profiles. Everything was fully stable in one memory profile but unstable in another.

The issue is I live in a tier 3 kinda place , so no known people with pc’s . It’s laptops everywhere . I’ll try my best to find someone with a gpu and doesn’t mind lending it.

So what happens is when I play a game , randomly screen goes blank , the pc becomes unresponsive , I can hear the game audio for a while before it goes out . I do a force reboot and then a message pops up on screen «Default Radeon WattMan settings has been restored due to unexpected system failure». While playing, discord will be running in the background and maybe a tab on Firefox.

Anyways I’ll try to follow the other steps you suggested and find the root cause before I jump to any decision.
Did you check the temps of the CPU/GPU etc. when playing games?

The CPU that you have has iGPU, so remove the dGPU & test few games with the iGPU.

Also, download "MX Linux" ISO and do a memtest. Let it run the whole 4 cycles to make sure that there are no issues with the RAM.

Recently while using my 5900x & 3070ti setup with an old RM750, I used to experience artifacts, crashes, etc, narrowed the problem to psu, changed it, no such issues again.

Make a note of this URL. THere are lot of fake groups with same Zoukart name:

Make a note of this URL. THere are lot of fake groups with same Zoukart name:

Zoukart itself is suspectible [emoji1787]

I agree with enthusiast. It may or may not be your card. I was having issues with every card I was installing. I tried 5 cards but, benchmarks and games were freezing after a few minutes. Then I figured out that the PSU power cable was loose :banghead:. So, I tightened the PSU cable, and everything started working as it should.
A fellow forum member was also having issues with his new build. Then he figured out the issue was due to memory profiles. Everything was fully stable in one memory profile but unstable in another.
guess ill go through everything and find the source of the issue .

Did you check the temps of the CPU/GPU etc. when playing games?

The CPU that you have has iGPU, so remove the dGPU & test few games with the iGPU.

Also, download "MX Linux" ISO and do a memtest. Let it run the whole 4 cycles to make sure that there are no issues with the RAM.
i think i have issue with the ram as well . a while ago , my mobo had an orange light and wouldnt start , so i interchanged the sticks . for now its working but everytime i boot up , it always goes to the bios screen and i have to proceed from there .
guess ill have to do various things to figure out the cause of the issue.

i think i have issue with the ram as well . a while ago , my mobo had an orange light and wouldnt start , so i interchanged the sticks . for now its working but everytime i boot up , it always goes to the bios screen and i have to proceed from there .
guess ill have to do various things to figure out the cause of the issue.
Just a suggestion, you can use eraser to gently clean the RAM gold contacts. I had an issue where one of my RAM wasn't getting detected. I thought I'd have to RMA it. Then I cleaned it with eraser, boom problem solved. Well worth a try IMO.

Back