Researching other graphic-design software

qolbi

Disciple
I'd already use for Adobe photoshop CS2 and Coreldraw X4..but I want to know about other softwares for similar works..can anybody help me???thank u..

What exactly are you aiming for? Unless you are clear about the purpose, you wont get too many replies. & are you not happy with what you have tried? Cos both are commendable products. Let us know what you disliked/want changed in the above. Theres really not anything thats going to be miles ahead. Just that certain programs handle certain aspects better. & that too comes down to personal preference.

One program that is different from the 2 you have mentioned is Corel Painter. If you want to try your hand at digital painting, then you definitely ought to check this one out. Though the final result will be something that can be achieved with clever use of the PS brush engine, the process is fun. Painter is the only one that mimics real life media such as oil, pastels, watercolour etc. If you have been a traditional artist, & want to try a different program, install the 30 day trial. Also, i feel that Painter justifies investing in a graphics tablet, but its not necessary & should not put you off from trying it.

Actually, I do some artworking for 3D graphics,,aiming for game's faces, surealism and others...now, I'm searching for corel X4 plugins..just for studying:) BTW, thanx for infos dudes!!..I'm already have photoshop CS2 plugins..:yahoo:

qolbi said:
Actually, I do some artworking for 3D graphics,,aiming for game's faces, surealism and others...now, I'm searching for corel X4 plugins..just for studying:) BTW, thanx for infos dudes!!..I'm already have photoshop CS2 plugins..:yahoo:

You could try Zbrush for modeling characters. It's a unique 2.5D application, though the polygon count of models generated by it is generally considered high by many.

You could also try Bodypaint 3d it is a 3D paint tool that is like a cross between Zbrush and photoshop. You can paint on models in realtime including bump maps and layered painting like photoshop with blending modes between layers. I think you can also re-arrange UV's too.

Back