PC Peripherals Right shops in Lamington Road

Sourabh

Disciple
Spare the lazy soul for starting a new thread. Would be buying a entry level PC tommorow from Lamington Road probably a s939 amd 3000+ with RS480M2 or a one based on 915 Chipset. Just wanted to know the current shops which would offer the best prices in Lamington Road for the same.

Buying this for a close friend and wanna avoid too much of enquiring.

Are you looking for best prices and/or good service as well. For best prices noone can beat R.K. Infosys :rofl:

For good service, PRIME ABGB, Comp selection.

goldenfrag said:
Sarcasm? :p
Or really? whats the price renge difference?
Yes kinda, his service isnt anywhere avg even. But prices beat this; i was quoted 3k for the mx518 at every shop on lamington including Rashi :O This guy quoted me 2.5k with 3 years warranty. Since it was a mouse i went ahead and brought it.

Sourabh said:
Spare the lazy soul for starting a new thread. Would be buying a entry level PC tommorow from Lamington Road probably a s939 amd 3000+ with RS480M2 or a one based on 915 Chipset. Just wanted to know the current shops which would offer the best prices in Lamington Road for the same.

Buying this for a close friend and wanna avoid too much of enquiring.

i don't think a AMD will go well with that chipset .....

rahul said:
i don't think a AMD will go well with that chipset .....
Its more like its incompatible with that chipset! 915 is intel only. For socket 939, go for an nf4 ultra chipset board and maybe a 6200TC card if a non gamer.

Spare the lazy soul for starting a new thread. Would be buying a entry level PC tommorow from Lamington Road probably a s939 amd 3000+ with RS480M2 or a one based on 915 Chipset.

Come on pals, spare the guy - i'm sure he's not that dumb :p

Specifically he means "one system based on 915 chipset" .. i.e. , he might go in for a budget Intel setup.

LOL! Lets keep those silly things away.
Not much of service needed from the dealer. Just the bare components would do. Anyways Would be checking these shops out. The budget is max 23k so have to fit the whole system in it along with speakers, mouse and the keyboard. But cant manage to fit the damn 3200+ and the MSI RS480M2 somehow. Saw in techtree a few days back, the s754 counterpart of the the same from TUL. If thats available I would get the numbers right.

Got the PC and luckily its with me for the next two days. Basic AMD 64 config without the monitor

amd 64 2800+ and Asus K8v-MX for 8k, 256 MB Transcend RAM 1.3k, BENQ Combo drive 1.9k, Seagate 7200rpm 80Gb for 2.5k, some iball cabinet with 400W SMPS for 1.2k. Thats just about it along with the keyboard, mouse and speakers.

Purchased the same from PC Guide, Computer Selection quoted absurd prices.

Thanks for the recommendations.

Sourabh said:
Purchased the same from PC Guide, Computer Selection quoted absurd prices.

I felt the same too - a few days back I got low prices and good service at PC Guide and before I went there I got high prices and bad service from Computer Selection.

Blade_Runner said:
Yes kinda, his service isnt anywhere avg even. But prices beat this; i was quoted 3k for the mx518 at every shop on lamington including Rashi :O This guy quoted me 2.5k with 3 years warranty. Since it was a mouse i went ahead and brought it.

Hehe.. PRIME (!!!) quoted me 2.5k for the MX518 as well!!

First of all when i enquired abt the 3000+ and MSI RS480M2 combo, Computer Selection told me that 3000+ is known for heat issues so buying 3200+ is advised and the combo wod cost me 14.9k :| Isnt this too lame a thing to say? And then when I enquired abt 2800+ and K8v, the same person quoted me 8.9k I was like, Please check the prices again and then he tried to be oversmart telling take Sempron 64bit tumhare liye woh acha rahega ! That proves what they think abt new buyers. So who cares abt them. PC guide quoted a nice price, in the end removed the 800 from 17800 Rs bill too in lumpsome :d

TechHead said:

I think if Prime knows who you are and knows that you are well aware of the prices and availability in the market they WILL give you good prices.... but... if you are a nOObie and look lost like I do all the time the prices from them will be very different. This holds true for most of the hardware dealers at Lamington road. I wear my best Sunday suit and try have a intelligent-know-it-all expression when I go to these places and yet all these guys see written across my face is - SUCKER- :S

TechHead said:

lol i had inquired at prime since thats my first choice mostly. But they said they don't have the stock so i had to hunt for it at other places.

@Sourabh: comp selection people always try to push what they have in stock; a very bad habit of theirs. Once they sold a 512MB MMC to a friend of mine stating that 256Mb is not compatible with the fine :rofl: Truth was the oldie in the shop wanted to get rid of the 512Mb mmc's gathering dust. Another incident was a n00bie had come in to buy a k750i. He the old guy removed the plastic cover thing off the screen. When the n00b found the prices on a bit higher side and said that he would come in a little bit after checking out prices from other places, the old guy burst out saying "why the hell did u remove the cover if you din't want to buy the fone ?? now you'll have to buy the fone". The poor n00b was almost in tears by then had to get the fone from him :p :rofl:

Precisely one of the reasons i avoid buying at computer selection. Though they sometimes have BBA cards ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Eazy said:
I think if Prime knows who you are and knows that you are well aware of the prices and availability in the market they WILL give you good prices.... but... if you are a nOObie and look lost like I do all the time the prices from them will be very different. This holds true for most of the hardware dealers at Lamington road. I wear my best Sunday suit and try have a intelligent-know-it-all expression when I go to these places and yet all these guys see written across my face is - SUCKER- :S

It helps that I know GUrbir for ~5 years now.. he seems to be a nice enough chap, but I *have* told him that his prices are a bit high sometimes.

well now frm my experince i must say none of the shop keepers are damn trusty when it comes to hardware.....i bought almost most of my stuffs from comp selection.....but now i guess i need to change my opinion regarding that too...
i got all stuffs which i needed frm them including the tv tuner card.......they suggested asus...and said if any probs developed they will replace it....
now some driver error developed.....and and i went to the shop..instead of sticking to the words...he suggested me to go to rma....where i submitted the card.....and it almost took 30 days to get replaced......... now today morning again i checked the asus card and again this one too developed a same error.....now again i have to waste my time in lamington.....most probably ill ask my frnd whether his office staff can repair it and keep that card.....i got it for 3.4k............but now i m ready to sell it at ard 2k too.......its under warranty...but dont want to waste time on it...........
also certain facts which i remember was...when i was givin the card to rma..and said got it frm comp selection...the guy told his partner another faulty card we got frm comp selection......
this truly indicates they try to push for their products..........
also 1 guy bought 5 dvd rw standing next to me..... price written on it was 95.......and he did total as 425..(75 eacd dvd).....but that guy paid 400 and left......sayin 25 bucks he will giv next time......
now when i asked for the same stuff...he did the total 475..........when i asked u offered the guy 425...he was lik nop...he didnt did...then after enquiring his staff guy he said that he got this dvd for 88...and now they rnt available and now new r8 is 110.........i only bought one.......

so in short if u r a new guy without much knowledge in lamington i bet best buying shop is none other than pc guide...........there r always ppl hanging ard there ...so they really hav no time to push user to buy this or that......jus asked them u need this and the best product they will arrange

buy frm comp selection only if u want to check the product in hand.........and verif details.....also dont ever try to remove sheilds on the products......and if u dont want to buy or want to verify the price jus say....i m coming bak in 5 mins........with my frnd.......thats it....but dont ever buy a product frm them which they push....as they did with the tv tuner card to me

Guys try Apex, opp dreamland cinema, they are also direct dealers for Asus / AMD .. etc.. u just have to tell your asking price & I bet they have always given good price or at least matched the price. I don't think so R.K. or PC Gudie or Computer Selection is direct dealers for Asus / AMD. Somtime back I contacted AMD guy in Mumbai he game me contact of Apex.

thks for the detail techlover..........will surely try the place next time...direct dealer may provide advantage of low price+easy services

Back