Android Right time to buy Nexus 10 ?

hey fellas,

Need few inputs on buying a tablet from US, i have been trying to buy one since long but always end up in confusion.
So here's my simple question -

Should i buy a Nexus 10 from USA, will bid & try to get around $300. What other options are there ( budget 20K). Main usage - Internet, games, mails & office would be an add on, multimedia etc etc...[DOUBLEPOST=1380205241][/DOUBLEPOST]or a Nexus 2 (2013) 16GB for 15k ?

http://www.junglee.com/Google-Nexus...e=UTF8&qid=1380203382&sr=8-2&keywords=nexus+7

Last edited:
After using a lot of tablets ( 7in, 8 in and 10 in), either you should go with 8 inch for portability ,ebook reading , gaming for larger periods of time without hand strain or 10 in for Multimedia rich pdf viewing/ videos/ productivity. 7 inch tablets are useless according to me. Too less screen estate to play with

Nexus 10 is a very good option at the price u are getting. I am waiting for launch of Galaxy note 10.1 new version which has a high resolution screen plus the added advantages of being slim and lightweight and of course expandable storage and s pen.

After using a lot of tablets ( 7in, 8 in and 10 in), either you should go with 8 inch for portability ,ebook reading , gaming for larger periods of time without hand strain or 10 in for Multimedia rich pdf viewing/ videos/ productivity. 7 inch tablets are useless according to me. Too less screen estate to play with
yep

Nexus 10 is a very good option at the price u are getting.
OP is talking about last year's model. Not heard about the new nexus 10 yet.

I am waiting for launch of Galaxy note 10.1 new version which has a high resolution screen plus the added advantages of being slim and lightweight and of course expandable storage and s pen.
Side facing speakers instead of front facing like the original note 10.1

For some reason samsung introduced this home button (!) when the buttons were all on screen as with the previous one.

yep

OP is talking about last year's model. Not heard about the new nexus 10 yet.

Side facing speakers instead of front facing like the original note 10.1

For some reason samsung introduced this home button (!) when the buttons were all on screen as with the previous one.

The speakers position dont bother me as i most often use earphones. My primary requirement is a high resolution 10 in device which i can enjoy reading graphic rich pdfs on ( Interests - Astronomy magazines/comics/DK illustrated books). Also the bigger screen will be better for movies as well. As for gaming, i have the ipad mini and it is a terrific portable gaming device. I enjoy gaming on mini more than i have ever enjoyed on my PSP.[DOUBLEPOST=1380572379][/DOUBLEPOST]Even with last year config, the nexus 10 packed fantastic hardware which is still more than relevant today and being a nexus device will get all future updates atleast upto 2 years.

Wireless headphones ?

Thing about 10 inch full hd screen is it needs to be no further than 15 inches fro your face to actually see the higher resolution. Higher res means bigger batteries to keep it going. nexus 10 will get updates but the lack of wifi ac means you cannot stream full hd to it reliably. Next years batch will have ac.

so i am waiting for Nexus 10 (2013) launch & I pad 5 launch. Hope this will bring down prices for i pad 4 & Nexus 10 1st gen.

Seems to be the best option right now.

Before buying a Nexus 10, you may wanna read this -
http://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/1ptqhq/kitkat_google_nexus_10_wont_get_translucent/

It appears that while the device is powerful, the architecture has issues. There's even a post by Google developer Romain Guy talking about this. We don't know what other features will get excluded in the future. However, my colleague has one and I've used the device. If you don't really care about the latest updates and cutting edge features, it'll be a perfectly capable device.

Not to derail this thread or anything but there have been 'leaks' of an 8inch tablet - Nexus 8 (?)...

personally, I think 8 inch is the sweet spot for a tablet - 10 seems big and 7 seems too small...I'm in the same 'right time to buy N10?' mode and if there's a 8 inch tablet coming around, then I'll probably go for that one!

I think the Nexus 10 new model with smaller bezels and much better display would be much much better than Nexus 8. But yeah options are always good to have :D

I wonder what we can expect in future from Google. Nexus 85 85" 4K ? :D

I'm on the same boat as OP. Did lots of research on Gsmarena and Engadget, and am currently finding the Samsung Google Nexus 10 @ to be very good VFM. Mainly because it scored almost as good as the iPad 4 in GPU-related benchmarks.
Plus it has a good quality screen and a decent camera as well.

I think the Nexus 10 new model with smaller bezels and much better display would be much much better than Nexus 8. But yeah options are always good to have :D

I wonder what we can expect in future from Google. Nexus 85 85" 4K ? :D

Which one is "Nexus 10 new model" that you mentioned?

Last edited:
New nexus 10 is coming this month end for sure. They wont miss out the holiday season. Else go for ipad air.

Back