RIP Shammi Kapoor.

Shammi Kapoor + Mohd Rafi + Scenic Locations + Comedy
Sure shot way to entertainment. Always liked his movies.

This lad did the tricks we tried out.. copying the html codes from other sites and pasting onto his own and stuff..
Way ahead of his times esp regarding technology.

R.I.P Mr Shamsheer Kapoor.

Actors like Shammi Kapoor, Raj Kapoor and Shashi Kapoor never die as their legacy is so rich... they are so unique.

RIP Shammi Kapoor.... Also, he was the founder and chairman of Internet Users Community of India, one of the earliest adapters to internet in India. Remember he used to host meetings of the club in the VSNL office in Churchgate in those early days of the internet.

^ Or rather, most are into English movies.

Shammi Kapoor was the first superstar of Indian cinema, and the energy he brought to the screen is something which hasn't been reproduced ever, nor would it probably ever be, considering the current trend of stiiff and deadpan expressions which go in the name of acting.

agantuk said:
^ Or rather, most are into English movies.

Shammi Kapoor was the first superstar of Indian cinema, and the energy he brought to the screen is something which hasn't been reproduced ever, nor would it probably ever be, considering the current trend of stiiff and deadpan expressions which go in the name of acting.

I guess, but last movie I saw thread suggests otherwise.

Even I dont watch bollywood movies much these days unless there is genuinely good movie that comes recommended from my friends. But Kapoor's movies (and not only Shammi Kapoor's but entire khandan ) are something with which I grew up as a kid. Saw it on DD, saw it on VHS, saw it everywhere almost every week.

RIP.

Introduced Elvis steps to India.

Shammi Kapoor + Mohd Rafi + Scenic Locations + Comedy

Sure shot way to entertainment. Always liked his movies

True that. Golder era. add RDB aka The Boss with them.

RIP SIR......his passion for movies and also for technology.

I have read he was a die-hard apple fanboy and every gadget which apple made he had it.Also i wont be surprise to find if he was on twitter.

EVen AAmir khan used to do his first screening of his movie at his place for him.

Really a great personality from a great family.The legacy will go on.

MAGNeT said:
.Also i wont be surprise to find if he was on twitter.

Really a great personality from a great family.The legacy will go on.

He was indeed active on twitter. Maintained Shammi Kapoor for in depth details of work of Kapoor Clan.

Infact he was the person to have set up the first Internet Cafe in India. In a hotel in Mumbai.

His tech freak side was never revealed by any newspaper and i curse them for that.. only masala news interests them. I think as days go by, this aspect will be highlighted among us ignorants as well and will give due credit to him only after his demise.

We mock the current gen actors cuz we know how knowledgeable they are keeping in mind today's standards.. I mean how many of us actually sit and watch the tech programmes where celeb's gadgetry is displayed..? But this man had the most avid and genuine interest known in the glamour industry and we never bothered to ask him on twitter either.

I particularly liked this tweet by Hrithik:

Legends like shammi kapoor do not die...he lives, inside us...around us....a journey such as his should be rejoiced...not mourned...ofcourse we'll miss his physical presence terribly...but his magic lives on within you and me...n I will make sure my sons know the SUPERSTAR their dad admired and love the most...thank u shammi uncle....and for u I don't want to say R.I.P, but rather D.I.H ...dancing in heaven now...I love you...

Back