CPU/Mobo RMA process for G.Skill RAM?

vishalrao

Global Moral Police
Skilled
Can anyone tell me what is the RMA process and expected timeframe for G.Skill RAM? I'm based in Pune.

There is an RMA request website where you enter the serial number and your other info like address etc. then what next?

Do you have to ship the RAM to their address? Do they send a courier out to your place or do I have to ship it myself to them?

After that, most importantly how long can I expect to wait to get the replacement in my hands?

I have G.Skill 2133mhz RAM 16 GB (2x8GB) RipJaws V model which I had gotten just over a year ago for my Intel Skylake build and was working fine.

Currently it appears to be unstable/incompatible with my new AMD Ryzen build - memtest passes fine for a few hours but when booted into Win10 or Linux it occasionally hard reboots either within a few minutes of stress tests or any time during normal usage like browsing/music.

Even though there's nothing apparently wrong with the RAM, the G.Skill rep on their forums said I can RMA it and they would even exchange for the AMD-compatible new Flare X model :)

If the RMA process is lengthy I might just buy new RAM and sell this kit off. Any inputs?

Thanks for the inputs. So I can approach Tirupati Enterprises directly without going through full RMA process? (assuming they're also located somewhere here in Pune?) Yes, I believe I do have the invoice someplace (purchased from Amazon.in)

My Friend successfully got Replacement for DDR3 Gskill RAM last week, that he bough in 2011 from PrimeAbgb.

Though seller requires Invoice of purchase for replacement service.

Thank you all. I researched a bit and found that we can ship it to Taiwan to get RMA. Shipping via India post is should be less than Rs 1000.

Back