Storage Solutions RMA process for WD (experiences anyone?)

I'd put my hdd in a Garcia's 10" pizza box and sent it. However, bikey has reported that now garcia's use thiner gauge cardboard for their boxes, which is not suitable for transporting hard drives. :no:

zhopudey said:
I'd put my hdd in a Garcia's 10" pizza box and sent it. However, bikey has reported that now garcia's use thiner gauge cardboard for their boxes, which is not suitable for transporting hard drives. :no:
rolf ..............

just grab any shoe box man....fill the rest of the space with thermacol, or stuff it with paper......any old tiffin box would do nicely as well.

my experience with WD RMA - Smooth, fast and convenient.

Recently had a bad experience. I set up rma online, a guy from GATI picked up my packed drive. After more than 2 weeks no response and WD page showing still waiting for product so i sent a mail and they called up asking tracking number. To my surprise gati send package next day ( 3 weeks after pickup ). I got another call from WD stating that i will get replacement in 3-4 days ( tmrw hopefully). My previous WD rma experience has been pretty good too. In this case it seems that it was Gati who screwed up.

rapt0r said:
Recently had a bad experience. I set up rma online, a guy from GATI picked up my packed drive. After more than 2 weeks no response and WD page showing still waiting for product so i sent a mail and they called up asking tracking number. To my surprise gati send package next day ( 3 weeks after pickup ). I got another call from WD stating that i will get replacement in 3-4 days ( tmrw hopefully). My previous WD rma experience has been pretty good too. In this case it seems that it was Gati who screwed up.

how did you package it?

vikrant.forums said:
how did you package it?

This was a My Book external drive so i packed it back in original box, kept some foam on all four sides to make sure it does not touch any side directly.. lot of tape over it and rma sticker. Packing was good for sure.

Back