Rokit 5

Naga

Skilled
Testing the Rokit 5s...

The last pic is shameless :p! Gotta clean my table sometime soon... Too busy with setting up my Game cafe right now.

Ran into a problem with these speakers. Too much interference from my GPU (when on load, eg. Folding@home). It wasn't noticeable on the A2s. Most probably, I'll have to get a external DAC for the AE5 whenever I get them (these are for a friend :p). Maybe the HRT Music Streamer II as suggested by Faheem.

My collection of 128 kbps MP3s had to be trashed when I got the AE2s+XonarDx. Some of my fav 320kbps tracks don't sound so good on these. So I'll probably need to do proper rips myself and also get rid of some of the 192 kbps tracks that I have. These speakers sound awesome but the bass is a little lacking for some of my "boomy bass" friends. Works just fine for me, though. I'm keeping them until my AE2 replacement is here (a week, maybe). I'm not sure the AE2s are going to suffice ever again... Hope I can source a AE5 soon. This+external DAC is way out of my budget at 27k shipped just for the speakers.

Good little speakers :)

used them for a bit recently...Pretty accurate bro !!

The one thing that will happen now is mp3's just wont cut it period :p. They will throw every imperfection in that recording out at you ...

its wav and only wav from now on..:p

Are they picking up coil noise from the psu/gpu ? If so then you will have to get a external sound card but first try with properly shielded cables with Neutrik connectors.

Cheers and kind regards bro !

Congratulations again :)

Hi Naga, congrats on the nice setup. Im evaluating a pair of Rokit 5s myself! Great sound (you are right mp3s just dont cut it). Found the bass lacking a bit too. Have you heard the A5s? Its between the KRK and the AE A5 for me.
I had the AE2 as well (superb audio for the size), but one speaker cone gave up - any idea where I can get those fixed in Mumbai? I guess the A5s are a bit larger than the the Rokit5 - I can barely fit the Rokits onto to my desktop.

Back