Roland Garros (French Open)

Nikhil said:
It's summer there. You forget basic geography? The more north you are, the longer your days are in Summer and shorter in winter.

Arre my Geography was never that sharp.. Anyways.. Even on 22nd June i.e Longest day we don't have sunlight till 8.30 PM.. and the match between Monfil and Roddick was going on till 9.30 PM.. And they reported it was fading light..

So yeah i have never seen sunlight till 9 PM...:S

Safina was lucky to get through in Semis... Azarenka was pumped up.. She destroyed Safina in 1st set even though Safina was playing pretty good..

She had 100% 1st serves till she was like 5-1 up... And then lost of concentration and Safina capitalised with some solid tennis..

And Murray departs at the hands of Gonzalez...
Edit :- Not so fast :rofl: :rofl:

Edit 2 :- Yup left for Scotland :bleh:

bye bye murray :rofl:

Soderling vs Gonzalez in the semis.. two hard hitters , treat to watch.

Gotta see fed match tomo. :D

Dominika Cibulkova beats Maria Sharapova 6-0 6-2 :rofl:

Weird french open this yr.

Should watch Fedex's next match.. Yesterday I just changed channels after seeing him trailing behind 2 sets to 0, and playing badly in the 3rd.. Surprising that he managed to win the match.

Its going to tough match for Fed now.. and even if he manages to clear Gael which is going to be epic effort.. (or Gael pulling out due to injury).. He has one from Soderling / Gonzalez and Gonazalez seems to be hitting cleanly..

Roger Federer beats Gael Monfils 7-6 6-2 6-4 :D

Will play semifinal match against winner of Tommy vs JMD

Most probably JMD coz he leads 1-0 set and broke in the second set.

btw Today's Rafa's B'day

JMD def Tommy Robredo 6-3 6-4 6-2

14 Aces ; 50 Winners

ACE LEADERS
1. R.Federer - 59
2. I.Karlovic - 55
3. T.Haas - 49
4. F.Lopez - 47
5. G.Monfils - 45
6. F.Gonzalez - 43
7. J.Chardy - 40
7. R.Kendrick - 40
9. A.Roddick - 37
9. D.Istomin - 37

Men's semifinal [ on friday]

Gonzalez Vs Robin Soderling
Roger Federer Vs JMD

Edit : No rest for Kuznetsova after that marathon win. She has to play the semifinal match today.

Soderling thru to the finals. What a match that was though i wanted gonzalez to win.

i was laughing my ass off when he rubbed the ball mark with his ass. :rofl:

After watching that much, saw feddy match.

Horrible tennis so far. :no:

fed down 3-6 set 1

Fed is lacking confidence.. His shots arent crisp.. He is holding back, making errors.. and del potro is capitalising on it..

I don't see Fed winning unless Del Potro messes up..

^1 set all

Fed winning second set 7-6 [7-2] but broken in the opening game of third set.

damn ! i don't wanna see another 5 setter :no:

^^
lol Potro might wrap up in 4 :bleh:

Federers sniffing his only chance for French Open and thats making him nervous..

He came up with solid prep against Monfils.. Firing all cylinders since the start... Here hes on defensive since the 1st set..

Survived to see another day :p

I have a feeling that Soderling will crack under pressure.. It might be a 3 setter for Federer.. unless he moronically throws it away..

log 1 = 0 said:
Survived to see another day :p

I have a feeling that Soderling will crack under pressure.. It might be a 3 setter for Federer.. unless he moronically throws it away..

Yep i feel that too. see how robin lost his concentration after winning two sets ? he hates rallies :bleh:

One positive point of Del Potro and the one which bothered federer most was his consistent attempt where he flats out the trajectory of every ball making it extremely difficult to return deep. So fed ended up giving short balls to Potro..

On the other hand, even though Soderling has more firepower, he is technically not that sound and he is used to giving more flight akin Nadal, so slice backhands of federer are going to be more effective on sunday...

Have to appreciate JMD's efforts in this match after his humiliating defeats against federer in Aus and madrid recently. This is the first time JMD has won a set against federer. :p

Fed has to nail that second serve deep to avoid 1-2 shots from solderlings backhand. Gonzo was a sitting duck seeing all those balls passing by in his second serve. more the rallies, more chances for federer. But if robin volleys more like what he did in the final set, then the end could be near for federer. :bleh:

Damn u gonzo for losing from 4-1 in 5th set. :mad:

Back