Roof Top 1.5 Kw Solar Power Generation

Dear Members,

Want to install Roof Top Solar Power Generation, for which you suggestions required

1. Panels
2. Inverter
3. Batteries

for Min 3-5 hours backup

Dear Members,

Want to install Roof Top Solar Power Generation, for which you suggestions required

1. Panels
2. Inverter
3. Batteries

for Min 3-5 hours backup
Go to your state electricity office. They will have authorized certain manufacturers, only these will be permitted to be installed. Also is your state offering bi directional meters for net metering?

1 of my setup is,

1. 3kva mikrotek solar inverter
2. 4x 150Ah lead batteries
3. 24x 100W solar panels(16 of them from Tata and 8 from Mikrotek)

The load is usually only about 500W on average and this setup lasts us just enough that we don't need power from electric grid.

I was planning on constructing a house a few months ago, and got an estimate for a solar rooftop. Have junked the plan to build a bungalow, but here are the estimates I got.
10kva hybrid - 10l
10kva grid connected - 5l

There are dozens of companies that'll give you an estimate and some free advice. Just do an online search, and call them. Here's one of the ones I contacted.

In that case why do you need a 1.5kw solar. Your load is less then 400w. ( unless you want to sell solar power to grid)
Monthly consumption average 160-180, but in summer it will be 180-200. Average per month/Meter I am paying Rs 1200/- per meter using two connection (2 meters). So total Rs 2400/- per month. With solar setup If I reduce the consumption by 50% with approx investment of 65-75K

Ok, so with that budget you can get a 2kw grid tie inverter and 1.5kw of panels. For back up just buy a regular single battery inverter with 150ah tall tubular c10 battery or 200ah c20 battery.

Do note the cost of making a solar panel mounting structure will take as much cost as the panels. If you already have a metal sheet structure on top of your roof, then the cost will be no more then 3k for the mounts for 6 panels.

With above setup you should get bills no more then Rs 200, perhaps in summer or in clear days you will get credits from your escom.

Last edited:
Back