Router Freedom arrived in greece heres what it mean..

vink

Disciple

far away but same problems. i think indian isp's are slowly going this way too.. specially with fiber rollout.
they force devices in customers throat, in the name of deposit or complusary expense.

have you guys experianced it?

its true, more so with the big guys like airtel and jio who force you to use their router cum pon device which have a weirdly complicated interface which make it pretty difficult to customise networking. Probably better for the average person though since they aactually have pretty good range and come with dual band these days.

far away but same problems. i think indian isp's are slowly going this way too.. specially with fiber rollout.
they force devices in customers throat, in the name of deposit or complusary expense.

have you guys experianced it?
Isn't the router or whatever they install refundable on exit ?
I just plug a LAN cable from their router's LAN to my own TP Link's WAN port and keep my devices all on TP-Link's network.
This solved most things for me, what about you all ?

The only problem this does not solve is if you need to port forward, you need to do that in both routers , and if ISP does not have such a option you're wrecked. But port forwarding has no use behind ISP CGNAT, so even that isn't really a problem arising from ISP Router.

Isn't the router or whatever they install refundable on exit ?
I just plug a LAN cable from their router's LAN to my own TP Link's WAN port and keep my devices all on TP-Link's network.
This solved most things for me, what about you all ?

The only problem this does not solve is if you need to port forward, you need to do that in both routers , and if ISP does not have such a option you're wrecked. But port forwarding has no use behind ISP CGNAT, so even that isn't really a problem arising from ISP Router.
Double NAT does make life difficult for certain use cases. Moreover, most new ISP routers don't even allow WiFi to be disabled which causes needless interference when I don't want to use their inferior radio. Also, most issues arise at the ISP router during extended uptime.

Double NAT does make life difficult for certain use cases. Moreover, most new ISP routers don't even allow WiFi to be disabled which causes needless interference when I don't want to use their inferior radio. Also, most issues arise at the ISP router during extended uptime.
Oh okay, I was not ware of that. I have never used ISPs like Airtel / Jio etc. I always go for the other local ISPs like Excitel / Comway.
In my experience, they have better customer care support and pocket friendly. And my COMWAY router+pon does allow to disable the WIFI so I've done that.
But yeah, these routers are cheap and low quality, my wifi speed drops if I switch security to WPA2-PSK from WPA-PSK :cry:

i belive that the most common setup for all right now.. but i have heard some cases where isp agencies ask for installation fees, which include router plus ont device..
in return its the deposit is used to held customer lock in service.. refundable prob. but locking-in is the problem..

Back