PC Peripherals Router I should buy ?

they have attached the router to my apartment top and from their we get a connection. have asked them to get me cat5 so that they can connect 2 of the wires for power to the router so that I get internet even when I have power cut.
Not sure what you're trying to imply.

@MadAxe @princeoo7
I think he meant to say that they will install the GPON at his building top where they install fibre optic cables so they do not have to run extra fibre optic cables to individual homes. From there, they will drop an ethernet cable to inside his home. Since the GPON would need constant power and he has inverter in his home but no inverter connection at the building top, and his internet plan would likely be 100 Mbps or under, he wont be needing all the 4 pairs inside ethernet cable. So he will ask his ISP / cable guy to repurpose a pair inside cat5 cable to run power to GPON. Then isolate that pair and connect barrel connect or whatever is present in Syrotech GPON.

Last edited:
I think he meant to say that they will install the GPON at his building top where they install fibre optic cables so they do not have to run extra fibre optic cables to individual homes. From there, they will drop an ethernet cable to inside his home. Since the GPON would need constant power and he has inverter in his home but no inverter connection at the building top, and his internet plan would likely be 100 Mbps or under, he wont be needing all the 4 pairs inside ethernet cable. So he will ask his ISP / cable guy to repurpose a pair inside cat5 cable to run power to GPON. Then isolate that pair and connect barrel connect or whatever is present in Syrotech GPON.
Now that's a jugaad PoE :p

Back