Rreputation points to those who give good advice/ Suggestions for chicken treats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many of us don't give reputation points to those who give good advice and that is the only reason that people are just pasting in general talk forums and not in threads where somebody needs advice or help
Especially in the how much can i sell for this thread? there are many people who ask queries but only a couple of people who answer them
Please guys start giving reputation points

Re: You must give reputation points to those who give good advice

seriously do users here answer for some mere rep points which doesnt even matter . if you know stuff you help useres here with your knowledge if you dont you learn from users who has it almost all the senior members here answer and they dont expect any "rep" points i seriously dont get the point of this thread.

Are rep points really that important...?

When i joined TE..they appealed to me too...

but they hardly matter now...

Obviously it feels good to get some..

but it doesnt mean that members will stop helping others if they are not rewarded..

Point is that, if someone find a post useful then why to refrain from giving rep points. It'll rather boost the person and he'll try to post more valuable suggestions next time. I know that person should not expect rep points. But guys think, if you post something valuable and if you receive rep points for that post, then won't it energize you to post much more valuable things. Think guys, think!!!!

What difference does it make if one gets rep points or not. This forum is to help people out and spread knowledge. It's not about rep points.
I'm couldn't be bothered with such things.

mjumrani said:
What difference does it make if one gets rep points or not. This forum is to help people out and spread knowledge. It's not about rep points.

I'm couldn't be bothered with such things.
hmmm may be you are true... but that rep points is like the salary you take end of the month which feels worth for the one month of hard earned money. It kinda pushes them to edge for shaing more data

My 2 cents

eBRo

If there is an infraction for any rule violation then there should be reputation points for good advice / etc .....................

o0 someone didn't get rep points which he should have :p

iyengar said:
hmmm may be you are true... but that rep points is like the salary you take end of the month which feels worth for the one month of hard earned money. It kinda pushes them to edge for shaing more data

My 2 cents

eBRo
Exactly what I mean to say. :)

nit_the_techie said:
Many of us don't give reputation points to those who give good advice and that is the only reason that people are just pasting in general talk forums and not in threads where somebody needs advice or help

Especially in the how much can i sell for this thread? there are many people who ask queries but only a couple of people who answer them

Please guys start giving reputation points

I just peed in my pants LOLing- sorry. :ashamed:

Forums exist to share any knowledge one may have, help anyone in need, receive help when we need and spread the love and concern for fellow-techies in general.

The rep system should not exist imho.

ubergeek said:
seriously do users here answer for some mere rep points which doesnt even matter . if you know stuff you help useres here with your knowledge if you dont you learn from users who has it almost all the senior members here answer and they dont expect any "rep" points i seriously dont get the point of this thread.

I wish i could rep you for this and every other member who contributes without expecting reps, etc. :)

ok

There are some indications in life that says in its own unique way ''get a job!!!''- this is one of them.

Get a job if you believe that you must get rep points/reward/some form of acknowledgement for sharing your experiences/opinion/advice. This way your efforts are rewarded. You give advice out of the goodness of your heart and you give rep points out of goodness of your heart.

Besides, it is few who give real advice, others are just cattles and simply copy-paste such advices without even thinking.

If you guys think that we should not award reputation points then why do you think that TE admins have kept them the should have scrapped it but there should be a reason so they have created them

^^ errr..to reduce idiotic post pumps like 'thank you', '+1', 'i couldn't have said it better myself', 'spot on', etc.???

rep points doesn't get you freebies or get you laid ( just incase if you think that's the reason of putting up rep point system).

nit_the_techie said:
If you guys think that we should not award reputation points a then why do you think that TE admins have kept them b the should have scrapped it but there should be a reason so they have created them b

Please stop it- i wet my pants again. :ashamed:

a No one said "we should not".

b The point you have to understand is that we should, only when we feel someone did a great job and took some real effort to help.

Not at random, especialy as some payback scheme for every post because every post would/should be to help anyways (ideally speaking)

The Sorcerer said:
rep points doesn't get you freebies or get you laid ( just incase if you think that's the reason of putting up rep point system).
I know that

following your post history, i just came across

http://www.techenclave.com/pc-buying-advice/how-much-can-i-sell-thread-147733-94.html#post1585893

and then your post followed by that.

just let me ask, is it really worth reps?

i see many members in that thread who repeatedly give quotes and which are often ridiculous!!

shall people post only if they are been repped?

that post was offensive to those who post for helping and not for reps.

and if the concerned member has made that bold statement on the behalf of all the regular members in that thread who stopped posting then isnt that a scam to pull of reps?

am i asking too many questions?

or just the ones which are gonna be left unanswered?

some interesting never heard war on rep points.:S

I think admins should think on this and they should give rep point from their sides monthly to every te member regardless of participation in forums. They can start--by giving newbies 50 points initially, then 50 more for fanatic member, then 100+ for overloaded n so on.:p This way there wont arise similar situation which sounds like begging for points.

Thus it will act as if your are on a job and getting monthly salary in terms of Points.:bleh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back