Ryzen 5000 APUs launched in India.

Sumit74

Disciple
Ryzen 5 5600G and Ryzen 7 5700G launched in india.
Prices are excluding GST.
Screenshot_20210806-155521.png

Good Read -
Bad news -

One significant difference between the Ryzen 5000 “G” CPUs and their “X” desktop cousins is that the “G” chips lack PCIe 4.0 support. Because these processors re-used Renoir’s design outside of the CPU swap, the chips themselves are only equipped with PCIe 3.0.

Last edited:
Is this really the official pricing?

The MSRP in US of A is 259 USD, Adding 18% gst on it, It becomes 305 USD or about 22.6k. Other AMD CPUs have also followed this pattern in the past. So, Pricing after taxes should be ~22.5-23k.
(5900x as an example has 549 USD MSRP before taxes or 647 USD after 18% tax that is about ~48.5k which is about 1% less than it's MSRP after taxes in india)
It appears that every one is selling it for 27k. I don't understand how they arrived at that number but alright. :0

Last edited:
I would like to see if the price is coming down for previous gen APUs - if it happens ppl can still buy 3400G and live with it.

Is this really the official pricing?

The MSRP in US of A is 259 USD, Adding 18% gst on it, It becomes 305 USD or about 22.6k. Other AMD CPUs have also followed this pattern in the past. So, Pricing after taxes should be ~22.5-23k.
(5900x as an example has 549 USD MSRP before taxes or 647 USD after 18% tax that is about ~48.5k which is about 1% less than it's MSRP after taxes in india)
It appears that every one is selling it for 27k. I don't understand how they arrived at that number but alright. :0
Yes it's official pricing
Source - AMD India's instagram handle
Dunno why they launched it at a higher price here about 3000-3500 inr compared to US msrp.
Then 18% gst. A bit overpriced.
Plus no PCIe gen 4 support.

This is launch pricing, hopefully it'll go down in sometime.
Old APUs are way overpriced now.
Even used ones.
Btw how much should be ideal price for a 2400G used?

I thought there was an AMD 5000G thread around here but I can't find it anymore so posting it here. From FB.

AMD 5000G Untitled.png

It shouldn't cost anything more than 20k, essentially a replacement for 3600 & competing with 11400 & the likes. But of course since even the 11400 is priced so high here, no wonder AMD & retailers will try to milk this as well. Honestly, I understand the GPU shortages, but why are CPU priced so high in our country, specially the older generation?

It shouldn't cost anything more than 20k, essentially a replacement for 3600 & competing with 11400 & the likes. But of course since even the 11400 is priced so high here, no wonder AMD & retailers will try to milk this as well. Honestly, I understand the GPU shortages, but why are CPU priced so high in our country, specially the older generation?
I've been saying this since Day 1. The 6 core CPU isn't worth it at all in 2021 when you could have bought the same performance (at least in gaming) back in 2017 with the i7-8700K for the same price.
It's ridiculously stupid to buy a 5600X for the MSRP of a CPU that was the same as the one launched by intel back in 2017.

The benchmarks are to blame here, people think the highest average FPS shows all the picture but they couldn't be farther from the truth. It's the stupidest priced CPU ever.
Have fun playing games with your almost maxed out CPU with no room for multitasking and future-proofing at all. Imagine buying a new PC and playing current games which almost maxes the 6 cores of this CPU and thinking it will do a good job for the next 3 years. Heck, even the consoles are on 8 cores/16 threads now.

I've been saying this since Day 1. The 6 core CPU isn't worth it at all in 2021 when you could have bought the same performance (at least in gaming) back in 2017 with the i7-8700K for the same price.
It's ridiculously stupid to buy a 5600X for the MSRP of a CPU that was the same as the one launched by intel back in 2017.

The benchmarks are to blame here, people think the highest average FPS shows all the picture but they couldn't be farther from the truth. It's the stupidest priced CPU ever.
Have fun playing games with your almost maxed out CPU with no room for multitasking and future-proofing at all. Imagine buying a new PC and playing current games which almost maxes the 6 cores of this CPU and thinking it will do a good job for the next 3 years. Heck, even the consoles are on 8 cores/16 threads now.
This pandemic has really been great for the electronics industry. These prices are only because of the high demand, had it been normal circumstances such prices would have never flown. I think people understand that there is no benefit of getting these 6 core CPUs at these ridiculous prices, but when you see that a two year old 3600 is being sold for 18k-19k, the pricing of 5600x starts making sense specially due to the huge uplift in performance & these companies are just milking that.

However, I don't agree with the 6 core/8 core part of your comment. What I have observed historically for CPUs is that, whatever is faster at the moment will usually stay faster in the future as well. I don't think a 3700x/3800x are ever going to outperform a 5600x is majority of the titles ever. Sure the requirements will increase & a 6 core part will start getting limited in multi tasking in the future but it would still continue to outperform a slower higher core count part even in the future.

However, I don't agree with the 6 core/8 core part of your comment. What I have observed historically for CPUs is that, whatever is faster at the moment will usually stay faster in the future as well. I don't think a 3700x/3800x are ever going to outperform a 5600x is majority of the titles ever. Sure the requirements will increase & a 6 core part will start getting limited in multi tasking in the future but it would still continue to outperform a slower higher core count part even in the future.
There's a difference between multi-tasking and multi-threading performance. Sure, benchmarks may show 5600X multi-threading performance is similar to a 3700X but the multi-tasking headroom is less.
Let's say performing a task which needs 6 cores on a 5600X at 100% CPU utilization would do it similar to the 3700X at 75% utilization but with the 3700X you have additional 25% headroom for other tasks (background tasks) and that is the benefit I see with the 3700X while it may be a tiny bit slower but it's more future-proof.

Do remember benchmarks show ideal case scenarios like super clean installation of Windows, no background tasks/processes, no updates, browsing etc. They do not translate into real world performance which a daily user needs.

Also in no way, shape or form buying a 5600X over 3700X will be a make or break situation when system requirements of a game or any software is concerned. A 5600X won't just run a game or software in future while the 3700X wouldn't. So that CPU doesn't make sense at all.

I just got a 5600x so I'll update you all after a year :cyclops:. Everything will make sense at the right price. 5800x was often called the most overpriced Zen 3 processor that didn't make sense at all, so 5600x and 5900x were always recommended. I highly doubt the 5600x will come down to 20K in India. Maybe after 2 years, if at all.

Back