Laptops Ryzen 5500u still better in 2023

itechankit

Disciple
Hi, I was checking and found companies still launching laptops with Ryzen 5500u in 2023 which is Ryzen 5000 series 2021 release.

Is this due to chip shortage/import ban?

Is this proc still good?Dell/Acer launched laptops with this.What about use in long run?Will it support future windows version (windows 12) for basic usage does it still compete intel i3 12th/13th gen?

Just use a website like cpumonkey to compare the diff in single vs multicore benchmark of 2 cpus to get an idea of performance diff on different processors.
I personally use the cinebench score for this purpose.

Last edited:
they are just trying to sell the stock which is still in the inventory due to the covid pandemic and general lockdown which droped the sales hard and at the same time production was diffcult due to supply chain issue but man companies had already paid and ordered varios components like cpu,gpu etc. this things are now being sold at a discount or a loss just to get it out on to the people who are generally unaware of the technical knowledge about the harware. still during major sale you can get this laptops for quite a bargain so they are not bad cause the newer models are priced so high in our country.

AMD rebranded Zen 2, Zen 3 & 3+ CPUs within Ryzen 7000 because those CPUs are still viable, performs good (although Intel can perform better) & has better battery life than Intel (which matters a lot for laptops).

So buy R5 5500U if you want, depends on the budget as well. For CPU comparisons, use notebookcheck for rough idea. CPU TDP also plays a major role in performance, so does cooling. Expect U CPUs to run at 15W anyways. AMD has a 4 core Ryzen 5 7000 Zen 2 CPU, so beware of that one.

AMD Ryzen 7000.png

Back