S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 - Discussion Thread

The game has been declared as officially canceled.
sad.gif

From their FB link:

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]The reason we cannot continue with the development of Stalker 2 is we and our new investors we unable to come to an agreement with the IP rights [sic] onwer. The entire team that was working on Stalker is now working on a new project called Survarium. We are so grateful for the support over the years and despite our best efforts we have to move on from Stalker which is as hard for us as it is for you. However, we feel that our new studio and project will be something unique and fill the void left by Stalker as well as add a lot more! -Your Stalker Team-[/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]and[/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Stalkers, while most of you are angry and upset (which we understand) please know that since December 2011 the entire Stalker team (myself included) was working without pay on Stalker 2 while new investors were scouted. That is our dedication. Sadly we could not gain legal rights to the franchise….[/font]

Forbes

And a new online-only title has been announced by the new devs. Vostok Games - Survivarium. R.I.P. STALKER.

Damn that just breaks my heart. Have to applaud the devs for sticking it out till now without pay. Hope some day someone will revive the series
<

This is sad. Another fine journey concludes here.

[font=arial, sans-serif]другу, в покое[/font][font=arial, sans-serif]-- Goodbye friend, rest in peace.[/font]

SURVARIUM BLOG is up do check it out. Seems the team is mostly composed of those who worked on S.T.A.L.K.E.R., so mutants are in, dangerous locales are in, please check and shoot is in, sitting in a dark dreary locale drinking cheap vodka and strumming guitars is in.

Apart from the joke above with a lot of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. innuendos, some concrete details gleaned from the posts --
  • It is a MMOFPS, not MMORPG.
  • Seems to be in favour a free2play model -- FREEMIUM game content.
  • Seems like S.T.A.L.K.E.R. extrapolated effectively.

[font=arial, sans-serif]Желаем удачи[/font][font=arial, sans-serif]охотника -- Best of luck, S.T.A.L.K.E.R.[/font]

Wow! Looks like this thread has seen several seasons. Glad the game is finally coming out. But it giving me too much of Metro (series) vibes.

Back