S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 - Discussion Thread

@Gannu

I have 1 and 3 with me, but not S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky. do you think it will make a big difference in the story?

^If you are referring to the new game, NO. The new game has a completely different story. If you missed out Clear Sky (which btw is a prequel), it may be worth a shot. There are lots of patches for this game to be downloaded to ensure a better (read less buggy) gameplay. :)

Scorpy said:
its just that scary feeling man .. i mean imagine ur self actually being in chernobyl right now at night :p ... thinking about it only gives me the creeps >.> ....

the game really puts some fear in you :p ... I reached this part where we are in some underground long tunnel or water pipe .. and at the end of the tunnel there is this monster thingy sending waves of radiation or whatever it is at you .. a few mins after that part i couldn't bear it anymore :p

LOL yeah the games had some real creepy mutants and humanoids. For instance, the Burer in Call of Pripyat. Could never stand the sight of this frikking dwarf. And a single hit from this fella takes a lot of health and armor. :mad:

Another one is the controller in SoC. Scorpy, the mosnter like thingy at the end of the tunnel you are referring to, is precisely this. :p He emits the psy radiation with the effect of pulling you towards him if you face him for a long time.

Read more on some of ours' experience on Call of Pripyat in this thread - http://www.techenclave.com/gaming/stalker-call-of-pripyat-released-148465.html

Was awesome back then. :D

jojothedragon said:
^ meant that in some other way. I'm no teacher. So leave it be.
really i wasnt expecting such a reply so was bit annoyed ... anyway leave it

no hard feeling
u spoiled it :D ... i made a mistake in my last statement due to my useless keyboard :mad: and u didnt corrected me :bleh:

Online DRM required for STALKER 2! :facepalm:

"Protection from piracy? Part of the content will be located on the server and downloaded as the game progresses. Permanent internet access is required," revealed studio head Sergey Grigorovich in an interview. "Text information, code and quests will be loaded through that connection.

"Software piracy is an issue for us, we try to fight it, but within reason. If people can not afford a licensed version, it is to our advantage if they download a pirated copy, and then want to buy a license. In Ukraine, there are different products that people love so much that they buy a license in principle. We want to create just such a product."

Interview link - http://kp.ua/daily/220711/291887

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 to get always-on DRM -Destructoid

No ... not another game that goes into this ... diablo was bad enough :( ... why dont they think of ppl in india who get dc when a rain starts ... stalker was my rainy day game (the atmosphere matches that of the game :hap2:)... guess no more :(

Scorpy said:
its just that scary feeling man .. i mean imagine ur self actually being in chernobyl right now at night :p ... thinking about it only gives me the creeps >.> ....

the game really puts some fear in you :p ... I reached this part where we are in some underground long tunnel or water pipe .. and at the end of the tunnel there is this monster thingy sending waves of radiation or whatever it is at you .. a few mins after that part i couldn't bear it anymore :p

Exactly thats when I stopped playing Stalker too..Damn the undergrounds were too scary for me..:ashamed:

This sucks DRM... here... Quid?

I mean can't people take a leaf out of CD PROJEKT RED's strategy.

But the game will be Epic. So waiting and watching.

Almost gave me a shock! Seems they have denied the rumors. On a related note, there have been no news about STALKER 2 until today.

Closing due to "political reasons". I was looking forward to building a new PC for Stalker 2.

The franchise was a successful one (4 million+ copies sold). I think it was conflicts between publisher/devs or something more deeper. Ukraine isn't exactly a place for good business given the corruption level there.

R.I.P. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2. :'(

I am terribly saddened. One of the franchises I loved playing like crazy. Will go down in history as one of the best RPG FPS titles of its time.

RIP S.T.A.L.K.A.R :bye2: ... loved the 3 games. Was waiting for the first one from the time they announced it in 2003, played it like a devote. Still miss the wastelands and the anomalies.

ubergeek said:
dont worry guys some publisheer will pick it up and develop it ,all we can hope for is that it doesnt become another DNF

I pray and hope some good dev. comes forward and continues where GSC left off. Very very sad a good IP met a fateful departure so soon.

Nice animation. Now if only they manage a sponsor ......
<

Back